Ducati SuperSport Forum banner

Engine heat around foot pegs issues!!!

6K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  Ducati-Ice 
Catching up on these thread as I am experiencing some miles on the bike (still below 600 miles on the S model).

I must admit, this is the hottest Ducati that I have yet to own (full MTS family, Hyper 1100, Supersport 800 and now SS939.)
After an hour of riding the toes on both sides are cooked - and sitting at a light is near bearable at 60F. Looking for solutions because while a significant issue for me, it is the only issue that take away from being awesome.

I have ceramic coated the header pipes (in/out) and the external of the cat - but OMG with no success. Also added heat shielding material to the bottom of the seat. Can't imagine what summer riding and touring will be like - this is a bit "redonkulous".

Loving the looks of the stock exhaust, with preference to keep it - but the Termi may be the only solution.

Funny thing is, this heat really started after the first 200 miles on the odometer - and it is getting worse as the clocks tip over. Maybe running too lean as it breaks in?
Could you please explain what you had ceramic coated and who did you use for the coating? Did you coat the CAT????? Just sent my rear header out a few weeks ago and would be interested in hearing your setup/findings.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.