Registered
374 Posts
Me too, but I didn't want to ask!

Reactions: DucColin

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks, I did see the 1200 monster engine posts, am very tempted, if I am going to do a swap, might as well make it interesting.

With regards where I put the oil, you had to ask, ..., well I put it in the coolant reservoir, above, not even sure how I thought that was the right place, I want to add some excuses, but nothing will justify:). Not exactly a cheap lesson, but WILL NOT be making that mistake again.

Anyway, I will have a look through the posts on the 1200 monster engine swap, when I first looked through I was not sure how much of a straight swap it was, and as people have suggested I would be looking to get someone more skilled than me (not hard) to tackle it so did not want the cost spiralling out of control. Again though I would love to tackle what I can as a winter project!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Ouch! We all make mistakes, unfortunately yours has turned out be an expensive one. I feel for you.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks, I did see the 1200 monster engine posts, am very tempted, if I am going to do a swap, might as well make it interesting.

With regards where I put the oil, you had to ask, ..., well I put it in the coolant reservoir, above, not even sure how I thought that was the right place, I want to add some excuses, but nothing will justify:). Not exactly a cheap lesson, but WILL NOT be making that mistake again.

Anyway, I will have a look through the posts on the 1200 monster engine swap, when I first looked through I was not sure how much of a straight swap it was, and as people have suggested I would be looking to get someone more skilled than me (not hard) to tackle it so did not want the cost spiralling out of control. Again though I would love to tackle what I can as a winter project!
If you do the 1200 project, get connected with @amoslws to get his build notes on what is needed. Given he, and another member, already blazed the trail and know exactly what to do will make it go much smoother. I wouldn't attempt it without knowing the details of what they did.

On putting oil in the coolant reservoir, ugh, I give you credit to admit that. Time to dig in and get your bike back on the road. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,396 Posts

Wow!!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts