Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Super Sport 950S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the evotech tail tidy is compatible with the Ducati performance dynamic signals, straight out of the box?

I am not the most handy, mod savvy person, but I’m gonna attempt this lol. If so have any of you paired this combo before and have some photos/advice to offer?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I have the DP Dynamic indicators and EvoTech Tail Tidy fitted to my 950S. (y)
Fitted them myself with no problems at all. Just take your time and follow the instructions and make sure you have good quality tools so as you don't round off the ridiculously soft allen bolts under the tail unit!

I had the normal (non dynamic) ones on my 939 and tried to fit them on the 950 but the connectors are different, so ended up selling the ones for the 939 and buying ones for the 950. The dynamic ones came with an additional short cable in the box so as they fit the connectors on the 950. Plug and play.

Reactions: DWJ6211

·
Registered
2021 Super Sport 950S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fitted them myself with no problems at all. Just take your time and follow the instructions and make sure you have good quality tools so as you don't round off the ridiculously soft allen bolts under the tail unit!

I had the normal (non dynamic) ones on my 939 and tried to fit them on the 950 but the connectors are different, so ended up selling the ones for the 939 and buying ones for the 950. The dynamic ones came with an additional short cable in the box so as they fit the connectors on the 950. Plug and play.
Yep they go straight on. Like Triplesapper says, it is a bit fiddly and the Ducati fasteners are made of cheese so just take your time.

Matt
Thank you both for your response! Would love to see some photos of both your installs!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: DWJ6211

·
Registered
2021 Super Sport 950S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Yep they go straight on. Like Triplesapper says, it is a bit fiddly and the Ducati fasteners are made of cheese so just take your time.

Matt
Any recommendation on the tools to use? I’m two bolts in, and one is a hair away from being stripped. They’re nearly impossible to remove!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Any recommendation on the tools to use? I’m two bolts in, and one is a hair away from being stripped. They’re nearly impossible to remove!
I use Teng Tools and/or Snap On. Both good quality. There must be a good brand in the States

Not teaching you to suck eggs, but make sure that whatever tool you use is fully in, straight on and not an angle; no puns anyone 😅 Once the thread lock is broken, they should come out easy.

·
Registered
2021 Super Sport 950S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bahco tools are good or snap on if you can afford them.

Failing that just buy a left hand drill bit ready for when they round.

Matt
I use Teng Tools and/or Snap On. Both good quality. There must be a good brand in the States

Not teaching you to suck eggs, but make sure that whatever tool you use is fully in, straight on and not an angle; no puns anyone 😅 Once the thread lock is broken, they should come out easy.
so far I stripped one, got two out…and one of the larger two is starting to round out I fear I’ll strip it too…. So I stopped and ordered these left dril bits you speak of 🤣 the stress!!!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
so far I stripped one, got two out…and one of the larger two is starting to round out I fear I’ll strip it too…. So I stopped and ordered these left dril bits you speak of 🤣 the stress!!!
Sorry to hear that. In that case you may as well order some new bolts. Based on what you've said, it sounds as if you have mullered item 7??

Font Automotive design Art Auto part Magenta

·
Registered
2021 Super Sport 950S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright, project update LOL… I am literally as handy as a gerbil, this is painful hahaha.

All the nuts are removed, ultimately only one was stripped, had a local hardware store help me out and drill it out— it was one that you don’t need in the install, so lucked out there.

I installed the tail tidy and the new lights, but I had to have done it wrong, it’s super loose, there’s a gap below the tail light, and you can see some wires inside. Also the final plate that goes on to cover the wires seems to be loose even though the nuts are all the way in. So odd.

I think my mistake was assembling the lights onto the tidy prior to install, it appears you should secure the Evotech piece to the bike with two OEM screws first, am I correct?

Any tips?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Did you reinstall the 'top hats' and rubbers correctly? Items 2 and 5 in the parts drawing in my post above. On my firts install I forgot to put the rubbers on (item 2) and the thing was loose.

Only thing I can suggest is take it off and refit. You will not need to remove the indicators or the tail light itself.
I had a small gap between the Evo Tech plate and the bike at the tail light end which I got rid of with a self adhesive foam rubber strip

·
Registered
2021 Super Sport 950S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you reinstall the 'top hats' and rubbers correctly? Items 2 and 5 in the parts drawing in my post above. On my firts install I forgot to put the rubbers on (item 2) and the thing was loose.

Only thing I can suggest is take it off and refit. You will not need to remove the indicators or the tail light itself.
I had a small gap between the Evo Tech plate and the bike at the tail light end which I got rid of with a self adhesive foam rubber strip
So smart about the rubber strip! Actually that might be the issue the rubber piece (item 2)— I didn’t put that back in. Alright back to the drawing board we go! It’s almost 100° here (37° C) might wait to do this tomorrow lol.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
............ Actually that might be the issue the rubber piece (item 2)— I didn’t put that back in...........
Therein lies your problem ;)

You may need a bit of light gease, washing up liquid or vaseline to fit the rubbers onto the top hats (item 5) as they can be a tight fit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts