Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know who all's got Supersport full exhausts in the works? The full Akra from Ducati really doesn't fit the aesthetics of the rest of the bike, probably doesn't fit with the touring pack bags (I've not been able to get a conclusive yay or nay), and costs a butt-puckering $3k.

I've gotten confirmation straight from Zard that they're working on one:

thanks for your request.
We have this model in project but it's not still available

Please stay updated after summer on Zard - Scarichi per moto 100% Made in Italy

Thanks and

Best Regards

Giulia Gherlone
CEO
... but most of the other manufacturers have said absolutely nothing when I've contacted them. Anybody got the inside scoop anywhere?

·
Registered
516 Posts
As an owner of the Akra exhaust, I disagree that they dont fit with the aesthetics. Look at the new superleggera, or the Euro exhaust panigale. This type of exhaust is the way forward at ducati :). They cost an arm and a leg though. I got a deal.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
As an owner of the Akra exhaust, I disagree that they dont fit with the aesthetics. Look at the new superleggera, or the Euro exhaust panigale. This type of exhaust is the way forward at ducati :). They cost an arm and a leg though. I got a deal.
I could not agree more with your statement.
Take a look at all the ducati track bikes and you'll find the undertail exhausts on the majority of them, whether it's world superbikes or motogp. All the race replicas have the undertail pipes on. Even motgp hondas and the majority of moto3 bikes have undertail pipes. Someone made the statement that the akra race system was an after thought on the SS, I disagree totally with that statement.
Initially I was thinking of the single side silencer such as the SC projects which will be released soon, actually they are late on their date they sent me in April.
Good news for me is that customs have cleared my akra race system and should arrive in the coming days. Get it installed then go get the rapid bike ecu connected so I can get this SS up to around 125bhp. In two minds whether I should have the pipes ceramic coated, 2 bhp extra for the price is a bit much but considering the heat issues I might still go ahead with it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a fan of it aesthetically especially at the price they're asking. Don't get me wrong they sound great and I'm sure Akra builds a solid product, but "afterthought" was also my first thought when I got a look at them. Sure sure, GP bikes I get it. My previous bike was a Sprint ST 1050 that I had a nice triple carbon slash cut under tail exhaust so it's not that I just hate the look in general on bikes. I just don't like Akra's chosen design on this particular bike. To each their own, no?

Anyway back on topic: does anybody know of any other options for a full exhaust coming?

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
For the SS to comply with Euro 4 emissions regulations they had to install a 10kg cat and adjust the air:fuel ratio to the extent that 10bhp gets lost. I do not live in europe so I feel a little hard done to that I too lose that power. Installing the akra race gives only 5% back because their upmap does not provide the map for max performance. Any exhaust other than a race exhaust will have to comply with the homologated euro 4 regulations and that development, I feel, will take some time.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Oh I expect it'll take time particularly on a new model. I'm prepared for that. Just keeping an eye on what's out there for now.

Edit: and yes, I want that gigantic, ugly, heavy, power-sucking box off the bottom of mine too. Push come to shove I might just ship my bike up to M4 in Carrolton since the dealer I bought from knows the guys there and let them use it for prototyping, then take it to the guy I know in Dallas for a good solid tune.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Gurren, i have your back !

As a non owner of the Akra exhaust, but having it in display at my dealer, i really think they don't fit with the aesthetics.

I think they are too small and that the fixation is fugly (and remove passenger pegs).

Although i love double silencers under the seat, like I had on my monster 796, those I don't like at all.
I hope some termignoni or SC project will do it better (and cheaper) !

Reactions: melba

·
Registered
128 Posts
Word from SC Project earlier this month, who I've been in touch with since the bike came out:
"We are hoping to have the part #'s and information for the new SS application by the end of the month.'

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Well, that's encouraging. Not that I'll be buying one of theirs, but variety is the spice of life.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Termi in the works ...

FYI: I tweeted with Termignoni and they said they're considering something for the 2nd half of this year ... I had a carbon fibre Termi race exhaust on my 696 (sounds incredible), but with the new EURO 4 rules, something like that will no longer be possible ... I really like the look and sound of the Akrapovič and have them on my new S.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts