Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on a factory tour this morning in Bologna. We were supposed to have a tour last Friday at the start of the Dream Tour but the factory was still closed for the summer holidays. Fortunately I am in Bologna for a week so did the tour today. I highly recommend it to anyone who comes to Italy. No photos allowed unfortunately. Takes 2 hours to hand assemble each SS engine.
I received an email today from Ducati announcing the release of the new Stradale 4 cylinder engine. The factory tour guide however had no knowledge of it. Saw a beautiful limited edition Panigale just assembled with high pipes like the SS Akra pipes but somehow moulded onto the bike.

·
Registered
137 Posts
It would be cool for some motorcycle vlogger to vlog their experience at the factory if filming is allowed since sometimes I heard with bike makers/car makers its not allowed.

·
Registered
299 Posts
No photo... no video... and at the entrance you must show all phones, camera, etc. to the guide that apply on every lens an adhesive.

A few years ago National Geographic was in Ducati Factory e they show the Multistrada production.
You can see here the video on youtube:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had a 4 night short holiday in Bologna during October last year. Absolutely loved that city, its food and drink along with amazing architecture.
Alas I didn't get to the Ducati factory and kick myself for not going now that I own a Duc S/S.

Maybe I'll return just for the tour and an overnight soon.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Always wanted to go to Italy, but more for Venice than anything else. Perhaps a stop at Bologna on the way is in order.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I meant to add that the fairings for all the bikes are installed at a different facility prior to shipping.
Aloo, each bike, once assembled, is tested in a booth for 5 minutes on some sort of dyno with a rider sitting on the bike testing the engine, gears, brakes etc. I watched him doing this and reckon he must need a couple of aspirin and a soothing bath at the end of his work day.
BTW the bike I didn't recognize which had just come off the assembly line was a 1299 Panigale R Final Edition. Looks quite different without its fairing.
I have been in Bologna for a week, an amazing city that you will not want to leave.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts