Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I like aspen. Played there on a polo tour and spent an Awsome day in some old bar that hung over the Colorado river could see the rushing water through the gaps in the floorboards. I can imagine riding a bike in aspen must be fun

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Beautiful pics. Man, Aspen is a place I’ve not made it too, yet, but it’s high on the list!!

Of course, we have some beautiful mountains here, too...just not quite so high.

·
Administrator
8,507 Posts
Love riding Colorado ❤ Motorcycle Fantasyland!

Have you been to Crested Butte? ❤ Telluride? ❤

·
Registered
465 Posts
Love riding Colorado ❤ Motorcycle Fantasyland!

Have you been to Crested Butte? ❤ Telluride? ❤
i lived in crested butte for 18 years. left because i was sick of the cold.

Is the op in aspen, or just talking about the aspens changing colors?

Reactions: Ed K

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i lived in crested butte for 18 years. left because i was sick of the cold.

Is the op in aspen, or just talking about the aspens changing colors?
Just the Aspen colors I'm in the south Central part of the state

·
Registered
465 Posts
Just the Aspen colors I'm in the south Central part of the state
i used to ride a loop from cb down to gunni, east on 50 to 114, take that to saguache, then down to center, del norte, alpine, to 149 through lake city and back to cb. most of my riding was central colorado, black canyon, independence pass, that loop that goes from 50 near delta though gateway and back to montrose. Good times. I didn't get into road bikes until my last few years there. I never rode over red mountain pass, and that other one going to durango, i bet those would be great.

·
Administrator
8,507 Posts
i used to ride a loop from cb down to gunni, east on 50 to 114, take that to saguache, then down to center, del norte, alpine, to 149 through lake city and back to cb. most of my riding was central colorado, black canyon, independence pass, that loop that goes from 50 near delta though gateway and back to montrose. Good times. I didn't get into road bikes until my last few years there. I never rode over red mountain pass, and that other one going to durango, i bet those would be great.
Love those roads!

Do you know where this is? I rode a BMW GS off road to this pass...

·
Administrator
8,507 Posts
And here’s a couple of tunes I composed, played and recorded, inspired from riding motorcycles in the Western US states.

·
Administrator
8,507 Posts
Btw, the pic above, is Ophir Pass, between Silverton and Telluride. Bit of a challenge on a GSW.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Btw, the pic above, is Ophir Pass, between Silverton and Telluride. Bit of a challenge on a GSW.
ive never been over that, or engineer paas, which was my guess. i heard theyre thinking about restricting ophir to permits or something because of the huge traffic jams that are starting to happen(yes, even up there). i used to ride from cb up through gothic, over schofield, then left to whatever that pass is, with gothic mountain on the left, down to the slate river, and back to cb on a 1988 honda nx 650 after work.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was in Colorado in August! Awesome places, we were in four with a car but at one point we wanted to rent two GS 1200 (and we found available) and ride up to Pikes Peak, unfortunately our trip was about to the end and our credit cards had not enough money for the deposit :(
so we arrived to the top by car...anyway I was told that there are lot of mountains that high, indeed a wonderful area for riding.

·
Administrator
8,507 Posts
ive never been over that, or engineer paas, which was my guess. i heard theyre thinking about restricting ophir to permits or something because of the huge traffic jams that are starting to happen(yes, even up there). i used to ride from cb up through gothic, over schofield, then left to whatever that pass is, with gothic mountain on the left, down to the slate river, and back to cb on a 1988 honda nx 650 after work.
Love Gothic, Schofield too... you are very fortunate to live in that general area! Better on a 650, than a GS!

·
Administrator
8,507 Posts
I've never ridden in CO, but whenever we fly over, I see some awesome roads below. I'm adding it to my list!
If you have the chance, take it! East Coast riding is country and mountain riding is fantastic too; but there’s something special about the riding the still Wild US West, imho. You won’t regret it. There are places to rent great bikes too, if you can’t ride yours there...have a great suggestion if you every need one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts