Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heard about the new SS, did some more research into it and landed myself here. compared to the last super sport (1000) the 939 is shaping up to be a great successor and as more details come out hopefully it will be more of a push to get me away from my current CBR600.

what is everyone around here riding?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Riding a 748, time for something a little more forgiving !

The SS is the Ducati that started it all for me, my Boss has an early model SS, still rides it form time to time, Always have loved that old bike, now I get my own !

·
Registered
212 Posts
Riding a street triple ATM. Been looking for an upgrade for a while. Nearly put a deposit on a Tuono before I heard about the SS a few months ago. Can't wait till get a test ride!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Currently not riding anything anymore but used to have a cbr 600. Was looking at the 959 but that'll be too aggressive from what I've checked out.

Can't wait for the 939 !

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Currently not riding anything anymore but used to have a cbr 600. Was looking at the 959 but that'll be too aggressive from what I've checked out.

Can't wait for the 939 !
In what ways is the 959 too aggressive for you? Haven't heard that much negative about it. But of course that will depend on where and how you ride and on that note... where do you ride and how do you ride?

939 is your saving grace :D

·
Registered
430 Posts

Can't wait for the 939 !
Regarding 'aggressive', to me that's an issue much bigger than just riding position. One thing I've definitely decided is that my next bike must have fully user definable rider modes, especially throttle sensitivity. Both the SS and MV Agusta I'm considering have this function.

One of the reasons I've been looking for so long is because every time I previously decided ok I think I'll buy one of those, and then go onto the forum for that model, all I read is constant complaints about snatchy throttles. Then they spend masses of time and money on aftermarket gear trying to get the bike run how they want. Don't want that crap.

I want a bike I can adjust to exactly how I want it. And that's very linear and predictable. That's why I've stuck with my current ride, I can out corner bikes that on paper should be able to blow my socks off. The riders seem 'afraid' of the bike. Sure they can out accelerate you with big HP when the corner opens out, but into and through it .... give me predictability and forgiving any day.

To me this functionality of being able to tune the engine characteristics as a stock feature is worth a fair amount and so justifies any price gap to cheaper options. They aren't cheaper if you have to spend heaps of time and money on aftermarket gear or ECU re-flashes sorting them out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Definitely best to test ride the 939 first to get a feel of the throttle. Urban mode would probably be best as a daily driver as it's supposed to have a lazy throttle response.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you haven't been on a Duc as all then even starting with the 959 while waiting for th e 939 is a good strategy. Always something similar going on and if someones is new to a brand you have to start somewhere.

·
Registered
524 Posts
heard about the new SS, did some more research into it and landed myself here. compared to the last super sport (1000) the 939 is shaping up to be a great successor and as more details come out hopefully it will be more of a push to get me away from my current CBR600.

what is everyone around here riding?
I had a '99 SS for 15 years and didn't want to let it go! This new SS should be a nice complement (more comfortable for distance riding) to my MV F3.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts