Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use my bike for everyday driving, track and also longer trips.
Looked at several solution for luggage on my SSS.
Thought about the Ducati panniers, but they are expensive and I hate the big brackets! And it didn't help that they are not waterproof.
I also do a lot of lane splitting and prefer not to have bags on the sides.
I bought a Kriega US30. And what a great bag. But still no room for my girlfriend.
Then someone recommended the Ventura EVO 40 kit. The quality is great, the same is the price.
And the brackets are not that visible either. Unscrew two screws, remove the tray and the only thing you can see is this :

Brackets without the tray

Installed in the back position

Still facing backwards, but bit more closer to the driver

And finally in the forward position

I can even use it with my Kriega, and now have 70l luggage space :)

·
Administrator
8,111 Posts
Nice clear pics!

There’s a couple of other guys who also use Ventura, but it’s been a while since they’ve posted and it’s great to bring it to the top again as an option.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome post - thank you @kokla55!

Question: looking at the photo above of brackets without the tray, looks like you've also changed the stock number-plate holder? I still have the one that stretches out over the back wheel, the EVO one seems super-expensive.Was that necessary to fit this?

Many thx in advance mate 👍
Thank you tmprsns :)

Yes it is the Evo one, and no it wasn't necessary to fit it.
Just liked the look of it :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been using a 14-22L Ventura tail bag when travelling but it's a bit small. The bag has a square base and the attachment system needed some seriously agricultural modifications to make it fit - even so, the bag still doesn't sit snuggly and is attached to the underside of the seat itself rather than to the frame under the seat. I've been looking for an alternative and like the look and fit of the EVO 40 kit but I have the race exhaust and am not sure if this will prevent me fitting the L brackets.

Reactions: Ed K

·
Administrator
8,111 Posts
@DucaSista This question about whether the Ventura EVO 40 bracket will fit with the race exhaust was raised at least once before a while back, but I don’t recall it ever being answered. But hopefully someone now will have more info. If you find out from a different source, please let us know.

·
Registered
SuperSport 939 MY19
82 Posts
I use my bike for everyday driving, track and also longer trips.
Looked at several solution for luggage on my SSS.
Thought about the Ducati panniers, but they are expensive and I hate the big brackets! And it didn't help that they are not waterproof.
I also do a lot of lane splitting and prefer not to have bags on the sides.
I bought a Kriega US30. And what a great bag. But still no room for my girlfriend.
Then someone recommended the Ventura EVO 40 kit. The quality is great, the same is the price.
And the brackets are not that visible either. Unscrew two screws, remove the tray and the only thing you can see is this :

View attachment 41296
Brackets without the tray

View attachment 41292
Installed in the back position
View attachment 41293
Still facing backwards, but bit more closer to the driver
View attachment 41294
And finally in the forward position

View attachment 41295
I can even use it with my Kriega, and now have 70l luggage space :)
Nice work!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Still no word if this will fit with the Akra race exhaust? I emailed the company about it. Not expecting them to know but I'll update if I heat back.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've been told the brackets for the Ventura Evo 40 will not work with the Akra race exhaust...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts