Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After creeping on the community for nearly a year, I figured I better join up. I'm from Sonora, California.

I'd been lusting at the SS ever since it graced the cover of Cycle World in 2017, and managed to sit on one in a dealership about a year later. But last year was my chance - I managed to rent an SSS for a 10-day ride through Central Europe (mostly the Alps) last June, racking up about 1800 miles. That sealed the deal - within two weeks of my return I had my own White Silk SSS. Other than the well-documented mirror vibration and heat dissipation - nice in the Winter and not-so-nice in the Summer - I'm in love with the bike.

Since 2001 I've been riding a CBR929RR (Fireblade) which I really like and still own, but it's just not comfortable on those long rides. I personally think it's 135HP at the rear wheel is too much, where the 939's tractable power and beautiful exhaust note makes it a joy to ride. There's plenty of power, a great suspension for our generally lousy county roads, and fantastic handling through local mountain twisties. I look forward to conversing with all of year fellow SS enthusiasts!

·
Super Moderator
5,633 Posts
@Speedblast Welcome! So glad you joined us!

Sounds like you already know your way around the Forum.

Enjoy those beautiful areas in and around Sonora riding the SS!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Welcome!!! You own two of my favorite motorcycles ever produced, the 929 Honda and the 939 Ducati. Great choice :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts