Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...was able to pick up my new red S this morning! My dealer sold 3 today...a standard red after me and a white S after that. Instead of the 30 mile freeway ride home I enjoyed the empty back roads and twisties that go with it. Amazing bike! A complete antithesis to the Hyperstrada...for me, the position on the bike is far more comfortable than the motard geometry I'd gotten used to. The Akra slip-on doesn't arrive for a couple of weeks...I'll wait for the 1K service for the install.
The quickshifter works flawlessly, and unlike some others, I have no trouble at all finding neutral, provided I bump from 1st to N just before coming to a complete stop.
I'll post pics tomorrow, provided it doesn't rain. Rain in SoCal in May...? Unheard of! Our long drought is definitely a thing of the past (until the next one).

·
Registered
111 Posts
...was able to pick up my new red S this morning! My dealer sold 3 today...a standard red after me and a white S after that. Instead of the 30 mile freeway ride home I enjoyed the empty back roads and twisties that go with it. Amazing bike! A complete antithesis to the Hyperstrada...for me, the position on the bike is far more comfortable than the motard geometry I'd gotten used to. The Akra slip-on doesn't arrive for a couple of weeks...I'll wait for the 1K service for the install.
The quickshifter works flawlessly, and unlike some others, I have no trouble at all finding neutral, provided I bump from 1st to N just before coming to a complete stop.
I'll post pics tomorrow, provided it doesn't rain. Rain in SoCal in May...? Unheard of! Our long drought is definitely a thing of the past (until the next one).
Congratulations Ventura17SS! Yup, the bike is awesome (and nice to hear you dont have Neutral issues!) - please post the pics!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Awesome man...congrats. Lucky that you had a smooth, twisty ride back. regarding neutral, id like to say that i didnt have any issues when it was day or 2 old, but been about 5 days and its getting harder to hit neutral. have only got about 50 miles on it so far, so im guessing its still breaking in. But i do think im going to adjust the shifter lever angle to a slightly lower position. Cos other than neutral, sometimes the gears dont seem to fall it place well. i had to double tap it more than twice today

·
Registered
274 Posts
Congratulations Ventura17ss !

Weather in south of France is strange like in CA, cold 19° and rain .

After 950km/590miles my neutral is better .

Reactions: Ventura17SS

·
Registered
66 Posts
Congratulations Ventura17ss !

Weather in south of France is strange like in CA, cold 19° and rain .

After 950km/590miles my neutral is better .
Many congrats also.

However, I have to take issue with Christm13 - 19 deg - cold - you have to be joking. That's a tropical day over the Channel:crying: We dream of 19 deg!

·
Registered
274 Posts
it was just a way to invite you or others guys to test beautiful curves and roads in south with hard cold temperature !! :wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Congratulations!
On my way to pay for mine now - and hope to have it on the road Monday or Tuesday once its registered. I'll be mindful of the shifting and ask for adjustments before I leave the dealership.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Awesome man...congrats. Lucky that you had a smooth, twisty ride back. regarding neutral, id like to say that i didnt have any issues when it was day or 2 old, but been about 5 days and its getting harder to hit neutral. have only got about 50 miles on it so far, so im guessing its still breaking in. But i do think im going to adjust the shifter lever angle to a slightly lower position. Cos other than neutral, sometimes the gears dont seem to fall it place well. i had to double tap it more than twice today

Just check clutch cable free play, mine was a little bit more than it should have been, a minor adjustment has made a big difference. I was having to turn the engine off if I'd stopped.

·
Registered
66 Posts
it was just a way to invite you or others guys to test beautiful curves and roads in south with hard cold temperature !! :wink2::wink2:
I'll be down in a few weeks then >:)>:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts