Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After one full year of ownership and just over 10,000 miles, I wanted to give my take on the 2017 SuperSport...OUTSTANDING!!!!
Two years ago I was in the market looking for a bike that I could commute on, do track days and take long trips aboard and I read about what Ducati was doing with their SS. So I headed to the dealership, took a test drive and I was hooked. And since that initial introduction to the SS, I couldn't be happier. I commute on it daily, have done 2 track days and recently went on a 1300 mile trip as well as been to the dragstrip. For me it has been the perfect overall bike. Not too focused on any one thing but adept at doing all the things I wanted to have in a sport bike. And to this day it still brings a smile to my face when I open up the door to my garage and see her in there. Plus knowing that I can take this bike anywhere and still have it perform admirably is just a bonus. And it doesn't hurt that the styling and color still has heads turning.
So what are my gripes? Well just like everyone else, the mirrors are practically useless unless its parked and the quickshifter is a bit of a nuisance getting into 5th and 6th gears no matter what speed. I hope to have some answers when I take her in for her scheduled maintenance as well as having the recall items addressed. But overall this bike has been a huge success in my eyes and I'm glad I made the purchase.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I purchased my SS from Mancuso Powersports on the Southwest Frwy and the salesmen that I dealt with were really good. One of them went out with me on my test ride and the other one handled most of the discussions concerning pricing, ownership etc... I still keep in touch with them and they still remember me so for that alone it made it feel comfortable and worthwhile.

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Supersport S
447 Posts
I agree with your assessment @kevnich98, well said. The mirror issue is annoying but mine are ok to live with to me. I do love the bike and it ticks most of my boxes as well.

My one BIG dislike is the constant mis-shifts when using DQS. It seems almost every time I take my beloved SSS out for a rip I get one mis-shift during the ride ! It is only one time out of hundreds of shifts but not only is it annoying it is embarrassing and sometimes dangerous. Twice it was on downshifting into corner where it hit false neutral. I had to hit brakes and straighten up during corner entry as the expected engine braking was gone. It only happens with DQS so I could have dealer look into whether my DQS is failing as others have had but it is so intermittent who knows? All I know is it leaves a real bitter taste in my mouth when I get back home :crying:

I do love everything else about it :grin2: Just wish transmission/DQS was more reliable...:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts