Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@Montducati was able to confirm that Monster 1200 wheels would work on the SuperSport. After a little more research, the Monster 1200 can bolt on wheels from the 1098/1198 series bikes.

Knowing this I began searching for a set of OEM forged marchesini wheels off the 1198s, which has a 7 spoke design reminiscent of the 748/996 5 spoke wheels. Unfortunately, they’re pretty hard to come by, but I found a front 1198s wheel and a rear 1098s (Y spoke design) wheel.

Original plan was to powder coat the wheels gold or white, but I will probably use them in black until I find a matching 7 spoke rear wheel. That way I can sell the 1098 rear wheel later on.

I’ll have these put on when it comes time to replace the tires

Btw, only the S models had forged wheels, where as the standard models came with cast wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
800 Posts
The only difference is that these are 6" rear wheels, not the 5.5" on the Supersport. You'll want to get a 190 series tire to put on the rear.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes Monster 1200 wheels are compatible with our SS's. I was fortunate to already have a 190 on my rear 6" OZ wheel; however, I think I'm going with a 200 for the spring.

·
Registered
224 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just found one, a 1098 rear. BTY, T2jay, you might want to stick with the 1098...they're made by Marchesini, drop forged, while the 1198's are made by Enkei, Japan or Indonesia...so I've heard.

I'm looking for a front 1098, if you run across one and don't want it...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just found one, a 1098 rear. BTY, T2jay, you might want to stick with the 1098...they're made by Marchesini, drop forged, while the 1198's are made by Enkei, Japan or Indonesia...so I've heard.

I'm looking for a front 1098, if you run across one and don't want it...
I can’t speak for the 1198, but the 1198S wheels are definitely marchesini. I did come across some enkei wheels when I was searching, for multiple different models, but they were all from NON S model bikes with standard cast wheels. The forged aluminum wheels from the S model 1098 and S model 1198 are both marchesini.

When shopping for wheels, ensure you are getting wheel off a S model 1098/1198 as those are the nicer forged ones. The wheels off a standard model will also fit, but are heavier cast units.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Here's the rear I found...this thing is perfect...

These came on 1098's & Monster S, will also fit Multi Streefighter and our Supersport's....only the S models have the forged wheel...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Did the rear wheel fit on the SS.
Part 6 (The spindle) is a different part number on the SS.
The monster and 1198 have the same part number 819Z0021B
but the SS is 819Z0021A

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,613 Posts
but the SS is 819Z0021A
The last character of Ducati part numbers usually refers to a minor detail change, like the colour. The odds are they are the same part but with a minor change.

·
Registered
224 Posts
but the SS is 819Z0021A
Hey could you find the 1098/monster S part # for the front wheel?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will any other model wheels fit? Found some from a 848
As I understand, the rear will not fit because it has a smaller axle. I think I remember reading that the front will also not bolt on directly because the spacing of the disc brakes is different, but you should double check that.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's the rear I found...this thing is perfect...

These came on 1098's & Monster S, will also fit Multi Streefighter and our Supersport's....only the S models have the forged wheel...
This is the Sam wheel I have for the rear. I do want to find a 1198S rear wheel though. I prefer that design.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
The last character of Ducati part numbers usually refers to a minor detail change, like the colour. The odds are they are the same part but with a minor change.
I don't dispute that, but that difference could also be the length. I doubt its the diameter. Hence me asking if they fit, still waiting for a response whether they actually did or did not.
SS is 5.5" whereas the larger bikes are 6 or 6.5
I too wouldn't mind putting on the monster 1200 rear wheel so I can squeeze the 190 on there.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts