Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace my front and rear brake pads, preferably with EBC sintered HH pads. Does anyone happen to know the exact part number or could possibly suggest any comparable brake pads? Links would help.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,581 Posts
I don't know the numbers for EBC pads but the SBS pads that I recommend are 900HS front and 730LS rear

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I actually read this post prior to me posting my question and it is what led me here. Only 1 person put up a part number, FA630HH, which when searching Amazon tells me that this part does not fit my vehicle (although I am well aware amazon could be wrong). I just want to make sure that this is in fact the correct part # for the Supersport front brake. I am also looking for the rear brake pads so that part # for those would be very helpful.

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Supersport S
447 Posts
EBC Fronts are # FA630HH
EBC Rears are # FA266HH

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
I think I'm going to go with the SA or SC brembo pads.
The next change of pads I'll be changing the discs to the 330mm Brembo Oro discs and some 5mm spacers for the calipers. Before buying the new discs I want to wear these ones out first to see the mileage. I read somewhere legitimate that the discs should be changed at 4mm. They are 5mm from the factory.
It must be the engine braking but on the SS the brakes seem to last longer than my other bikes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I'm going to go with the SA or SC brembo pads.
The next change of pads I'll be changing the discs to the 330mm Brembo Oro discs and some 5mm spacers for the calipers. Before buying the new discs I want to wear these ones out first to see the mileage. I read somewhere legitimate that the discs should be changed at 4mm. They are 5mm from the factory.
It must be the engine braking but on the SS the brakes seem to last longer than my other bikes.
I agree on the wearing .... I've put just over 11K miles on my SSS and it looks like I can keep going for another 11K before I'll need to replace the brake pads.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
The rear brake caliper I believe is the same, or similar to, that on the MTS1200.
This is the procedure from the manual:

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
The rear brake caliper I believe is the same, or similar to, that on the MTS1200.
This is the procedure from the manual:

Has anyone tried this?

I can't really get to the retaining bolts because there is not quite enough room to get a ratchet into.

Any tips on this - do you need to remove the caliper?

Andy

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Has anyone tried this?

I can't really get to the retaining bolts because there is not quite enough room to get a ratchet into.

Any tips on this - do you need to remove the caliper?

Andy
Worn out the pads already Andy? :surprise: :wink2:
I'll see if I can have a look at mine over the weekend to confirm the procedure.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I see what you mean Andy. The front bolt is very tight to the swinging arm but it can be done.
First I tried with the long end of a 6mm Allen wrench, entered between the chain and sprocket and below the swinging arm. It got in nae bother but I wouldn't be happy using it, especially for tightening the bolts up again.
I then tried a 6mm hex with a 3/8' drive and a long extension, 120mm or thereabouts. It was a close fit but did get in to it so I would have no concerns about getting the caliper off and torqueing the bolts up after.

The only other alternative would be to remove the nut on the sprocket side, then the sprocket and draw the hub with the brake assembly out the other side. A bit much just to change the brake pads I think, even for Ducati. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I see what you mean Andy. The front bolt is very tight to the swinging arm but it can be done.
First I tried with the long end of a 6mm Allen wrench, entered between the chain and sprocket and below the swinging arm. It got in nae bother but I wouldn't be happy using it, especially for tightening the bolts up again.
I then tried a 6mm hex with a 3/8' drive and a long extension, 120mm or thereabouts. It was a close fit but did get in to it so I would have no concerns about getting the caliper off and torqueing the bolts up after.

The only other alternative would be to remove the nut on the sprocket side, then the sprocket and draw the hub with the brake assembly out the other side. A bit much just to change the brake pads I think, even for Ducati. :rolleyes:

Cheers Derek,

There is plenty meat on them - was changing for EBC semi sintered (like the fronts). Think ill just leave as is, looks like a job to be done only if required.

Andy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts