Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019MY Ducati Supersport S
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve tried to search for answers on this in the forum, so apologies if this has been covered. My fuel tank is misaligned (2019MY built late 2018). It went into the dealership in April 2021 to have it addressed. Visually I had noticed fairing gap around tank did not look correct. Further inspection showed tank left hand side black spacer was not sitting on the frame (visible air gap) and the ignition plastic surround was touching tank. Dealer referred to potential routing of hoses or wiring under tank. They found the issue had scratched the frame towards rear left corner of fuel tank. Anyway they seemed to resolve it but then I went in for fitment of heated grips (late May 2021) and the tank has come back similar to before even thought they tried to improve alignment. You will note in attached photo inconsistent gaps between tank and top of fairings and also where tank meets the plastic panels that run just under seat (I appreciate shape of bottom rear of tank not symmetrical). Has anyone experienced this? Any solutions?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
No binding opinion but if I recall it can be fixed by aligning the screws below the tank, some had bigger gaps around the key place.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have exacatly the same issue on my week old 950S. Noticed it yesterday when I took the seat off. Not noticeable with the seat on. Ignition surround is out of alignment too. Will dicuss with my Dealer when it's in for its first service

Reactions: Sprint1500

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have exacatly the same issue on my week old 950S. Noticed it yesterday when I took the seat off. Not noticeable with the seat on. Ignition surround is out of alignment too. Will dicuss with my Dealer when it's in for its first service
@Triplesapper Could you post some photos?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The misalignment looks worse in the flesh.

When the seat is fitted, you can see that it is not as close to the tank on the right hand side, which is strange as the side panel is further away from the tank on the left hand side with the seat off.

I've never noticed the fact the tank is not symetrical at the lower right edge - it will be to accommodate someting under the tank I suspect, I'm not worried about it in the slightest

I'll discuss the tank and ignition surround with the Dealer at its first service

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
I didn't notice the asymmetric-ness of the tank until the other day. It's space for the crankcase breather tube that comes up near the rear cylinder header pipe. I believe it goes up and over the cylinder head.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So went back in to dealer yesterday. They did what they could but it’s still not right. Gaps here and there. Just have to live with it. Just ride and enjoy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts