Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
Yep, they fail and rather more than less... I changed mine but if it happens again I'm going to try to repair it on my own. If I remember the part cost around... 90$ There are couple of threads about it on forum - try to sort by most recent.

·
Super Moderator
7,343 Posts
This just happened on my bike last week. I was low on fuel but knew I could ride at least 20 miles before filling up. When I set off, the range was showing about 40 miles, then suddenly went blank with the fuel light flashing. Filled up a few miles down the road and it reset properly. Then later after an hour long stop it started doing it again. Rode about 100 miles today and it was fine all day. I'll keep an eye on it and ask the dealer when I take it in to get a spare key programmed.
Unfortunately, usually, once it starts to fail, it might take a while, but usually gets worse and permanently fails. Next time its exhibits unruly behavior, you might take a short vid of it, then a fault code (that may or may not show up at the shop) should not be required to get it replaced.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just curious for those that had the repair done out of warranty. How much time and what is involved in the repair? I will have to get my done by a local motorcycle repair shop. The only Ducati dealership in my city just shut down. I assume the repair shouldn't take more than a hour. E.g remove tank replace fuel sensor and reinstall tank. Also can the tank come out without a compete removal of the fairings?
Thanks ...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts