Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

241 - 260 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Mine is already acting up. 3/4 tank, filled up and gauge has not updated yet after 2 starts. Does not portend well. Part number replaced was 59210251B. Is that the latest version?

Reactions: Chuck-Duc

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
If the part supplied keeps breaking, then it would appear to be 'not fit for purpose' I'm sure you have some recourse as Ducati are not fixing the problem as the part they are supplying keeps breaking.

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
If the part supplied keeps breaking, then it would appear to be 'not fit for purpose' I'm sure you have some recourse as Ducati are not fixing the problem as the part they are supplying keeps breaking.
The SM at my dealership informed me Ducati's fuel senders have been this way for ten years and Ducati hasn't made much effort to address the problem. That doesn't excuse anything but rather explains I may have to learn how to do this myself (much like the 3rd brakelight on my little BMW Z4...a part that habitually breaks).

·
Registered
434 Posts
So the Dealers recognise there is a problem. Not very good of Ducati if they are not listening to their Dealer Network 🤨

·
Super Moderator
6,253 Posts
Mine is already acting up. 3/4 tank, filled up and gauge has not updated yet after 2 starts. Does not portend well. Part number replaced was 59210251B. Is that the latest version?
Sometimes it gets confused when topping the tank off.

Try running it down to 1/4, and refill, to see if it then resets.

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
Dealership is going to take care of me. I rather anticipated they’d make an effort to take away the sting once I put together the facts.

I think @Ed K has set a great example here of maintaining a positive relationship with your SM/dealership and hopefully I’ve emulated that.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Maybe after warranty is out and we’re having to buy the part and replace ourselves, one of us can figure out why the part is failing.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
#108 - Wow, I thought it's much simplier. o_O Reminds me problems with the toilet almost every year in the village haha.
OK, if mine will broke again - definitely I will try to repair on my own or at least to take it out. One of us made it alone. Definitely such thing is done in China - so the problems will appear again and again - they won't pay more for quality and the % of broken is probably still in the margin. When I had problem with Marshall speaker - it was less than 5 min they just gave me the brand new one. I opened the older and looked at the quality of Chinese parts... so now I have two working Marshall speakers :D
PS. Hm, some emojis are too much expressional as after edit I see.

·
Super Moderator
6,253 Posts
The part number of the latest version of the fuel level gauge is 59210251B. But it doesn’t appear anyone knows what changed from the 59210251A version.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My bike is having this problem. The seller said it was a recall but looking over the recall it looks like that is a grey area. The seller just let the bike sit for 2 years. I'm hyping the tank adjustment solves this but looking over the posts it's looking like the in tank guage right? Mine just blinks either empty or full. No really in between. I guess my question for you guys is
While your bike was doing this did the range work?
How much out the door was the repair and part?

It's also sounding like it would be beneficial to keep the old one..

·
Super Moderator
6,253 Posts
@Geardownson Once it fails, it must be replaced. Even if the bike is out of warranty, it’s a known issue and your dealer may be able to arrange for Ducati to cover the cost of the part.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Sometimes it gets confused when topping the tank off.

Try running it down to 1/4, and refill, to see if it then resets.
Ed K, this seems to have worked (for now).
Cheers

Reactions: Ed K

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mine was changed last year and no problem since 13000 miles.
I just had a new one few day's ago due to really high temperature. The indication of kilometers remaining was absolutely wrong. Once temperature were lower, it didn't occured anymore.

·
Super Moderator
6,253 Posts
Mine was changed last year and no problem since 13000 miles.
I just had a new one few day's ago due to really high temperature. The indication of kilometers remaining was absolutely wrong. Once temperature were lower, it didn't occured anymore.
Thanks for noting this.

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
My bike’s been with the dealer for several weeks now and still no part. The frequency of failure and the lagging supply chain are not inspiring confidence.

241 - 260 of 268 Posts