Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
321 - 328 of 328 Posts

· Registered
2017 Ducati SuperSport S 939
27 Posts
@jolm Yes, there is a risk of failure again. Mine failed 2 times over 5 years of ownership. It seems the average life of a fuel sensor is about 2.5 years…
I see. If that is the case then looks like I will just need to get used to it.

Just to clarify, you will not encounter any issues on the bike if you will just leave it as it is, right?

· Administrator
11,073 Posts
@jolm The dealer is correct, there will be no issues if you leave it flashing other than it being an annoyance. Some put a piece of tape over it.

You might consider asking the dealer if they would try asking Ducati to cover the cost of the part.

· Registered
144 Posts
My bike was over one year out of warranty. But because I was able to show I had a service history of bringing my bike to authorized Ducati Dealers. Ducati covered the cost of the part and just paid for labour. I believe it was one hour approx. $110 Canadian. So I tbought that was reasonable. Even though I dont understand how Ducati can't figure out how make a fuel sensor that lasts more than 3 years. No other bike I've owned had this issue and they were older than my Supersport.

· Registered
9 Posts
I have 2017 supersport and fuel gauge went out, I have extended warranty so the dealer fix it and 2k miles later went out again. i took it to the dealer again and basically they waiting for Ducati for the new part., Is been 3 months already and still waiting. I barely ride this motorcycle, it was more like check list. As a right now the bike is seating in my garage with only 3158 miles on the odometer.

· Administrator
11,073 Posts
@Eddielopez46 Welcome! Very glad you joined us! Sorry to hear about the fuel gauge, unfortunately, as you can see here, it’s not uncommon.

If you haven’t already, please take a few minutes to introduce yourself (e.g. prior bikes, riding experience, etc) in the New Member section. Btw, the color customizations from your profile pic look pretty amazing, you might also post a pic or 2 in the same section.

· Registered
144 Posts
@Eddielopez46 , as others have mentioned previously .You can stil ride the bike like normal whie waiting for the parts, without the fuel gauge working properly . I would just reset my trip metre at every fill up.. I had an idea how much fuel was left by the distance traveled. 3/4 at 60 kms , 1/2 tank at 120 kms etc. I gave myself some extra distance to be safe . But generally you should get at least 260 kms per tank.

· Registered
2017 Ducati SuperSport S 939
27 Posts
I had the fuel level gauge replaced at our local Ducati dealer last Tuesday. Below are the breakdown of expenses.

As of writing this, USD to PHP is $1 to P55.16

Ducati Fuel Level Gauge - P6,600.00 ($119.64)
Labor - P1,800.00 ($32.63)

Total: P8,400.00 ($152.27)

· Registered
4,811 Posts
I had the fuel level gauge replaced at our local Ducati dealer last Tuesday. Below are the breakdown of expenses.

As of writing this, USD to PHP is $1 to P55.16

Ducati Fuel Level Gauge - P6,600.00 ($119.64)
Labor - P1,800.00 ($32.63)

Total: P8,400.00 ($152.27)
If the tank had to come off, I'd say the labor was reasonable.

321 - 328 of 328 Posts