Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a little help, guys, please.

As some might be aware from my posts, I recently had a failed fuel sensor replaced.

I’m interested to know about how many miles you ride before the eight bars in the dash fuel gauge drops off by one bar to seven bars.

For mine, its approximately 42 miles (I set the trip to zero at last fill-up for easy measure) from a full tank...and that seems a bit longer(?) than my prior sensor. When I got to the fuel station I had 54 miles, it took just over 1 gallon (and still had only seven bars).

Obviously your mileage will vary significantly depending on riding conditions, weather, rider style, how full one fills the tank, etc. But still curious what your experience is.

How many miles from a full tank do you experience when the fuel gauge drops from 8 to 7 bars?

Thanks Guys!

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
A German made an observation that each bar is two litres... BTW the rest of us just panic when the last two bars are on the screen.

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A German made an observation that each bar is two litres... BTW the rest of us just panic when the last two bars are on the screen.
Thanks. That sounds about right, and what I was figuring, since the SS tank is 4.2 gallon capacity.

In my case one bar = 1 gallon...that didn't make sense to me. Perhaps it will learn with a few fill up cycles. Or maybe the bars disappear quicker as the tank drains. Or, maybe because I was riding easy the first half of those 40 or so miles, and hard the second half, so maybe that caused the algorithm to go a bit wild. Who knows. Will be monitoring it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I believe it varies for me. Riding locally, I sometimes never use greater than 4th gear as I don’t like to lug engine. Longer distance, higher gears, seems each bar represents more volume.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
...I’m interested to know about how many miles you ride before the eight bars in the dash fuel gauge drops off by one bar to seven bars...
This refill about 75 kms (46 miles).

And I think 8 bars = 1/8 tank (you know, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8). Just coincidence its 2 litres a bar.

My Subaru divides each 1/4 on the gauge into 3. Still, that's 5 litres a bar...

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This refill about 75 kms (46 miles).

And I think 8 bars = 1/8 tank (you know, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8). Just coincidence its 2 litres a bar.

My Subaru divides each 1/4 on the gauge into 3. Still, that's 5 litres a bar...
Thanks Steve... that's what I was thinking, but actually it was about 4 liters and only 1 bar on mine, and that's what seemed strange... Maybe since it's just been replaced, it needs to be run down to almost empty to properly calibrate.

·
Super Moderator
5,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good news guys.

Was hoping the new gauge might recalibrate itself after running the tank down near empty...

And so it did! Now displaying the correct levels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts