Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible (and if so, easy) to change the display to the Monster 1200's full colour TFT display.
It seems that the Monster isn't very different in options from the SuperSport. It has kind of the same menu and same controls.
Question is if the shift-light will function and if there are any issues with the RPM meter. And ofcourse if it'll be plug and play or that some kind of signal adapter will be needed.
So, any technicians here that may answer this question? After all the SuperSport deserves a full colour display with all its beauty.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Does the monster clocks have the DRL indicator. Along with the up/down shift etc.. Unless you have the 2017 monster clocks I think the SS has more technology on the S model. Anyway I have TV if I want colour, the SS clocks are easy to read without consuming too much time.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Does the monster clocks have the DRL indicator. Along with the up/down shift etc.. Unless you have the 2017 monster clocks I think the SS has more technology on the S model. Anyway I have TV if I want colour, the SS clocks are easy to read without consuming too much time.
DQS and Ohlins are only things different in the S model.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've spoken to my Ducati tech about this very same idea back when I had a Monster 821... he said this is not possible because the dashes are essentially paired to the bike. They are not plug and play components. But to be sure, someone would have to spend the money and try it.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
So, I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible (and if so, easy) to change the display to the Monster 1200's full colour TFT display.
It seems that the Monster isn't very different in options from the SuperSport. It has kind of the same menu and same controls.
Question is if the shift-light will function and if there are any issues with the RPM meter. And ofcourse if it'll be plug and play or that some kind of signal adapter will be needed.
So, any technicians here that may answer this question? After all the SuperSport deserves a full colour display with all its beauty.
@jmkk
Did you ever figure out this monster 1200 instrument panel.
The 2017 -19 monster 1200 has the same wiring and functions. Only the connector pins need switching around .... a lot. It seems there are only 6 in the same pin hole but the colour codes are the same and the functions are the same.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Actually, seeing the two versions in one picture, I stay with original.

My dream list:
1. cruise control - shut up and take my money of course

2. and then maybe change the dashboard for TFT so I can have a navigation panel in one place

·
Registered
144 Posts
Tft

I had the same plan for my Pani 959. I bought a dash of the simple 1199. It has the same functions but has bigger letters for gear and is easier to read on Track.
bought a used one for 200€. The Problem is the immobilizer. If you mount it it will not start. You need the key and Lock with that the dash is married.
You can not reset the Dash and marry it to another key. Only Ducati can but they don´t do it. I asked Rexxer, but they can not do it with the modern bikes.
Mayby a brand new Dash will work. But 800 €.
So i stay with my monochrome Dash and try to sell the 1199 Dash.
Cheers
Thomas

Reactions: se7en

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
I had the same plan for my Pani 959. I bought a dash of the simple 1199. It has the same functions but has bigger letters for gear and is easier to read on Track.
bought a used one for 200€. The Problem is the immobilizer. If you mount it it will not start. You need the key and Lock with that the dash is married.
You can not reset the Dash and marry it to another key. Only Ducati can but they don´t do it. I asked Rexxer, but they can not do it with the modern bikes.
Mayby a brand new Dash will work. But 800 €.
So i stay with my monochrome Dash and try to sell the 1199 Dash.
Cheers
Thomas
That's correct, the dashboard carries the key code immobiliser. All the electronics are linked via the key sensor and the canbus hi and low. I'm looking into the IMU sensor off the 1200S monster 2017. If the price is right it'll require the main ecu, IMU, abs module, dash, and Blackbox all from the 2017 monster 1200S. Without the key sensor signal none of the electronics are activated. Sounds straight forward but I think it's quite remarkable how ducati have connected them all.
Chatted with the dealer here and he highlighted they can program the dash and key. As scarce as rocking horse sh!t these components.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts