Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi everyone, it´s been a while since last time I wrote. Would like to share my experiences installing the Fullsix belly pan with QD´s Gunshot exhaust.
Even though in Fullsix FB page they claim it is most probably 100% compatible without any modifications, under my experience, is not exactly right.
Summarizing, I had to do as follows:

1 - In order to avoid rear cylinder pipe touches the belly pan (proved it does touch), you need to slice a portion of the rear belly pan following the curved shape of the pipe (I used a dremell type tool, it was quite easy). In fact it is not just a little contact, the belly pan does not fit properly in any of the holes (both sides and front) if you don´t make this modification. For me was enough to slice about 6cm to 7cm wide and 3cm to 4cm tall piece to make room for the rear cylinder pipe.

2 - Not sure why this happened but swift lever also slightly touched the belly pan whenever you push it to swift gears down (mine is SSS with DQS, though this shouldn´t be the reason theoretically). In any case it wasn´t too much work to slice a portion of the interior top left side area of the belly pan a bit, right under the rear area of the swift lever, to make this issue dissapears completely. About 3cm to 4cm lenght and 1cm width was enough and can´t notice this once mounted.

3 - Needed to remove the "8" looking piece which comes with the original exhaust and is used with QD´s too to "secure" the rear cylinder pipe that comes down bellow the engine. It was not possible to keep it mounted because there´s no room for it with the belly pan. The exhaust seems to be really tight and stable without that piece, so I hope nothing bad happens :)

Sorry I didn´t take pictures during the process to show, however here are some of the results.
Cheers!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,155 Posts
Nice work on the belly pan.

And that Twin QD looks perfect to my eyes.

·
Registered
374 Posts
21 - 23 of 23 Posts