Registered
374 Posts
I was thinking more of a Hondaki.

Intersting though

Reactions: Grossi.BP and Ed K

·
Registered
73 Posts
With real pictures: Ducati Monster (2021) als Erlkönig erwischt: Mit Alurahmen und weniger Gewicht

But it might also be the base for the Streetfighter V2, which was camouflaged with components from the Monster series. Since Ducati has already confirmed the Streetfighter V2 for 2021, it is very exciting to see how the Streetfighter V2 and a revised Monster will be placed in the Ducati portfolio, if it is really a completely revised Monster.

Anyway, it is getting really tight in the Ducati portfolio for naked bikes. With Scrambler, Monster and Streetfighter they cover everything from retro to hyper naked.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I went into Ducati for the ABS recall this week and also had the intention of buying another bike. When I got chatting to the sales guy about testing a V2 and a Monster 1200 he said dealers had been told not to order any more 1200's for demo bikes as the new monster was imminent. He hadn't been given any details yet as HQ are very secretive about releases but also guessed it might have a detuned version of the V2 or maybe they will drop the 1200 all together as it would essentially be a streetfighter V2.

Anyway I rode the V2......what an engine and box, absolutely sublime. I found the dash very small and tucked away so difficult to read and for me the seat was too big. I also didn't find the handling a precise as the SS, really had to force turn in but maybe the setup was just poor. Probably going to buy one if the salesman gets back to me.

Matt

·
Registered
374 Posts
If you buy a V2, you have to buy the white one - with the red accents it looks awesome 😜

·
Registered
165 Posts
Monsters look worse and worse every year... To me the pinnacle was the Monster S4rs 2006-8. I still want one, but one in good condition is more expensive than our SS!

·
Registered
829 Posts
Considering that the Supersport is essentially a Monster 950 with a fairing, I wonder what this means for the future of our model?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I went into Ducati for the ABS recall this week and also had the intention of buying another bike. When I got chatting to the sales guy about testing a V2 and a Monster 1200 he said dealers had been told not to order any more 1200's for demo bikes as the new monster was imminent. He hadn't been given any details yet as HQ are very secretive about releases but also guessed it might have a detuned version of the V2 or maybe they will drop the 1200 all together as it would essentially be a streetfighter V2.

Anyway I rode the V2......what an engine and box, absolutely sublime. I found the dash very small and tucked away so difficult to read and for me the seat was too big. I also didn't find the handling a precise as the SS, really had to force turn in but maybe the setup was just poor. Probably going to buy one if the salesman gets back to me.

Matt
So have you made your mind up yet, are you going for the V2?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts