Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Now my ‘18 SSS has same fuel level issue. Yesterday worked fine. Today, tank nearly full, but reserve on, level empty. I use Shell 93 octane religiously.
It acted up once before, last October, but upon next refill it began working fine until today. Warranty is out as of this September. Will call tomorrow for service appointment.
Very disappointing.

·
Registered
340 Posts
So mine is the same except it’s intermittent at this point(10k miles). Works when stopped but breaks when you get up to speed. The dealer believes Ducati will replace it beyond the factory warranty, but they need to see it firsthand so they can document it. I dropped it off earlier today to do some things and look into the fuel sensor but they couldn't reproduce it, ugh. So I’m picking it up, will bring it back in once it’s toast.

·
Registered
753 Posts
You know it’s odd, when I turn key on, gauge seems to read close to correct, but once start button is hit, goes to empty.

·
Super Moderator
6,253 Posts
You guys may already be familiar with this thread, that has extensive documentation on this issue.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Thanks, I will read through that.

Reactions: Ed K

·
Registered
316 Posts
Unfortunately we have little opportunity to get ethanol free gasoline in the United States. The ethanol causes issues with the fuel sender. I understand there are no fuel sender failures in Italy where gasoline is unadulterated.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Unfortunately we have little opportunity to get ethanol free gasoline in the United States. The ethanol causes issues with the fuel sender. I understand there are no fuel sender failures in Italy where gasoline is unadulterated.
The USA is awash with oil and we still use ethanol, go figure.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I've signed up to replace mine the second time now. This one is out of warranty, hoping for goodwill from ducati considering that this is a known issue. Wondering if there is any other way to get fuel readings?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts