Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well at least the timing works for me. Once my bike comes out of its winter hibernation , I can get both recalls done in one service appointment in the Spring. Hopefully I actually get notified this time. Last recall I had to get the dealer to check for me. Ducati never contacted me even though they have my contact info.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Broken two lever ends so far and adapted them both to screw in round lever ends! Now I get a free one?!
I know right! Well at least you were able to diy. I broke mirror and thankfully purchased it for less than MSRP from a forum member. Now im looking out to see my ride is covered for the mirror recall

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Supersport S
449 Posts
Cool, good on Ducati for recognizing the issue and replacing them. I have not had an issue as of yet, thankfully, but I see many of you here have...not fun at all, nor safe.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ha. My shift lever peg fell out while riding to my first service. Not impressed. Managed to find it and tap it partly back in with a piece of wood that I found by the side of the road. They tapped it all the way in an said "see how you go". Well, I've been tapping it in with a rubber mallet every second fuel fill since. When I brought it in for the second service it was in so they "couldn't see the problem" and wouldn't let on that I wasn't the only one.

And now my fuel guage has suddenly started acting up. Loving the bike but it's my first Ducati and considering the price premium it's not a reliability competitor to any of the rice burners I've owned until now. Sigh. Lucky I've got three more rides in the stable.;-) Speaking of which, my Scrambler Icon died due to a "loose ground" (really on a two year old bike, who's screwing these things together?) . Zero issues with my Yammy. My Honda is 35 years old so you'd expect issues...but it's pretty reliable.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ha. My shift lever peg fell out while riding to my first service. Not impressed. Managed to find it and tap it partly back in with a piece of wood that I found by the side of the road. They tapped it all the way in an said "see how you go". Well, I've been tapping it in with a rubber mallet every second fuel fill since. When I brought it in for the second service it was in so they "couldn't see the problem" and wouldn't let on that I wasn't the only one.

And now my fuel guage has suddenly started acting up. Loving the bike but it's my first Ducati and considering the price premium it's not a reliability competitor to any of the rice burners I've owned until now. Sigh. Lucky I've got three more rides in the stable.;-) Speaking of which, my Scrambler Icon died due to a "loose ground" (really on a two year old bike, who's screwing these things together?) . Zero issues with my Yammy. My Honda is 35 years old so you'd expect issues...but it's pretty reliable.
Are we talking the lever end breaking off, the whole lever linkage coming off the splines or the lever coming off its pivot point? Think there have been a few issues reported here.

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
We are talking about just the toe part. Its a press fit type and will sometimes vibrate out. The quick and easy fix is to grab your drill and tap the male end of it, then get a proper sized washer (i.e. - larger) and a screw and fasten them together. The larger washer will keep it from coming off again.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I mean no disrespect but the Americans call it a world series yet only USA teams play in it..
I agree with you there. Ive asked that question to many myself. But the article does says its global, but the US list still has to be released to the database.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I only see references to Canada and Ducati North America, and nothing referencing a global recall? Can you point it out to me?
My bad. Since it said Ducati, i thought it would affect all especially since it also mentioned Canada. Would be interesting to know why only North America was affected and not other continents? Was the design different?

·
Registered
477 Posts
My bad. Since it said Ducati, i thought it would affect all especially since it also mentioned Canada. Would be interesting to know why only North America was affected and not other continents? Was the design different?
I think that liability laws are stricter in the US than in other parts if the world which is probably one reason. That said, it’s possible it is a global recall (the shifter knob seems serious enough) but it’s just not official yet, or advertised in some location I don’t know about.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts