Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike has the Generic Error Warning Light showing (it's to the left of the DQS u/d indicator and has a triangle with a "!" in it). I noticed it popped up on my second ever ride of the bike. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think it was there when I left the dealer last Thursday. It hasn't affected the bike in any way that I can tell.

The definition in the manual (page 39) says:
"It turns on when there are any "vehicle" errors, i.e. active errors triggered by any control unit other than the engine control unit."

Contacted the dealer and he said that if I've not detected any change in the bike, it's likely OK to ride until I can get in and have it checked out. I've ridden a couple days now with it on and no issues.

Has anyone else run across this issue? I'm thinking it's likely something minor, like, an oxygen sensor that has since corrected itself...or something similar.

·
Super Moderator
7,825 Posts
No, but when in the shop the other day I noticed a salesman who was testing a brand new MS before delivering to a customer and returned it to the shop indicating a warning was triggered.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
I had the same when the DRL and DQS had a failure. Key off then key on solved it all.
Also when DTC is turned off it shows on the outer frame on the dash. A photo would help since there are two of those exclamation marks on the dash.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the same when the DRL and DQS had a failure. Key off then key on solved it all.
Also when DTC is turned off it shows on the outer frame on the dash. A photo would help since there are two of those exclamation marks on the dash.
I've keyed the bike on and off a few times already, and its still there. The symbol is #11 on page 40 (figure 12) of the OM, and is located on the right side of the dash directly next to the DQS u/d indicator on the dash. Sorry, no pics as the bike is home in the garage ATM.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
I've keyed the bike on and off a few times already, and its still there. The symbol is #11 on page 40 (figure 12) of the OM, and is located on the right side of the dash directly next to the DQS u/d indicator on the dash. Sorry, no pics as the bike is home in the garage ATM.
Item 8 warning comes on when DTC is off. Your 11 I got rid of when I rebooted the ECU.
Do you have a ducati 4 pin to obd connector cable. You can use an elm 327 obd reader and Torque pro app to read the error code and reset it (possibly) but at least you will get the error code.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Item 8 warning comes on when DTC is off. Your 11 I got rid of when I rebooted the ECU.
Do you have a ducati 4 pin to obd connector cable. You can use an elm 327 obd reader and Torque pro app to read the error code and reset it (possibly) but at least you will get the error code.
I don't have that, yet, so for now, I guess it's off to the dealer. Luckily, it's only a 45 minute ride there...and back roads can be taken for a little twisty fun on the way...>:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Quick question: Does the "GENERIC ERROR WARNING LIGHT" come on if you have used the DQS incorrectly? ... The manual states that "It turns on when there are any "vehicle" errors, i.e. active errors triggered by any control unit other than the engine control unit." ... So, does/does not include the quickshifter? ... Thanks, the n00b.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quick question: Does the "GENERIC ERROR WARNING LIGHT" come on if you have used the DQS incorrectly? ... The manual states that "It turns on when there are any "vehicle" errors, i.e. active errors triggered by any control unit other than the engine control unit." ... So, does/does not include the quickshifter? ... Thanks, the n00b.
I don't believe so. I don't even use the DQS and mine came on...of course, it could have been from a totally different issue. As a side note, mine went away on its own and the dealer found no codes during my first service.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't believe so. I don't even use the DQS and mine came on...of course, it could have been from a totally different issue. As a side note, mine went away on its own and the dealer found no codes during my first service.
Thanks for the reply. I didn't think it had to do with the DQS either, but it seems hard to tell from very vague descriptions in the manual ... Mine comes on and then "magically" goes away ... but not all the time ... I am at a loss and can't figure it out ... It is the only thing "wrong" with the bike, and I need to figure out what it is.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Take it to the dealer and have them put it on the computer and check codes. It may not show anything, like mine, or it may give them details. It shouldn't cost you anything but time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts