Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I’ve gone back to the dark side, I’ve traded my SS for a BMW S1000R Sport. I’ve had three great years and 12,000 miles on the Ducati but fancied a change. Took the S1000R out for a test ride and was very impressed. 😁😁😁

·
Super Moderator
6,155 Posts
@DucColin Oh wow! Congrats! Hope you stay with us!

Besides the change, what attracted you to the S1000R?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@DucColin Oh wow! Congrats! Hope you stay with us!

Besides the change, what attracted you to the S1000R?
I always liked IL4 engines so started looking at what’s around. I found the ergos great on the bmw, the power is addictive, it has as many toys on it as I could wish for I also like the way it looks. After a test ride I was sold.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Have to say, I would seriously consider the Beemer as a replacement for my Supersport. A lot of bike for your money (y)

Reactions: DucColin

·
Registered
351 Posts
I guess this shows the ego side of me.

That bike has such a fantastic stats sheet. But, much like the Superduke 1290 which also has a great one.....I just don't get that feeling of beauty when I look at it. I think ours is one of the best looking bikes out there. Walk into the garage and feel like "this baby should be in a museum somewhere so that others can enjoy the splendor of her beauty". Just do not get that with those two nakeds I mentioned. I look at those and say....hmmm....well, OK....not good looking bikes....at all......but... hey the stats sheet is good.

I am jealous of that extra power you will have.....but I need that twitterpation that comes from the beauty queen.

·
Registered
311 Posts
DucColin...you'll always miss the SS...I do.

I see mine regularly, and a friend of a friend bought it from the Ducati dealer I traded it to. I always get a pang of regret when I see it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
BMW are great value bikes. You get a lot of tech, they are very reliable, BMW service is the best of all the motorcycle brands, the nadling is super precise and predictable, the engine and the chassis can probably do 100k+ miles if looks after properly... But... I never understood the Beemersall of their predictability and reliability takes away from the riding experience for me... Maybe it's because I don't commute on my bike and don't plan to do a Round The World trip, nor am I planning to beat everyone on a track day. For those purposes I'd definitely consider a Beemer, but for the style of my riding and the purpose, ie pure joy riding, I'd stick with Ducatis :) I am even considering getting back on the Monster S4r or even get an S4rs, but they are soo expensive for what you get...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts