Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

101 - 120 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
velcro palm rest

did some touring last weekend and made this palm rest it worked ok just got to be care full not to bump it when you dont mean to like when parking. cheap too

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,660 Posts
I think this is the acessory connector. Any idea what it is called or where I could get one?

Can't seem to up load photo. It is the small white connector on the right hand rail under the seat.

Thanks
I believe that's the connector for the optional Bluetooth module.

·
Registered
476 Posts
you can use WD40 and spot clean all the little bits on the paint work and plastic. for the chain Use a the standard motol chain grease cleaner 1st make sure you spray plenty into the front cog area under the guard, rub with a cloth. Then use WD40 to clean again (it will not harm your chain o rings) clean off with a rag. then re apply your chain oil. and your done. should take 10 minutes all up if you have a rear wheel stand. WD40 good stuff.
Very Good advise..! I use wd40 often

Reactions: Rhino

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
did some touring last weekend and made this palm rest it worked ok just got to be care full not to bump it when you don't mean to like when parking. cheap too
Now that's a very simple clever idea and I can see how it would work if I ever came down with LIMP WRIST SYNDROME :laugh::laugh::laugh: ( laughing aside I will probably try this and keep some Velcro rolled up in my tank bag for those long motorway stints)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Now that's a very simple clever idea and I can see how it would work if I ever came down with LIMP WRIST SYNDROME :laugh::laugh::laugh: ( laughing aside I will probably try this and keep some Velcro rolled up in my tank bag for those long motorway stints)
I can wiggle all my fingers and keep it going with just my thumb because the ss requires very little pressure to keep the same throttle position but this allows me to give my thumb a bit of as break as well. you probably know your grip is strongest when your hand wrist and arm are in a straight line so being limp wristed is not a good option.:grin2: just saying

·
Registered
326 Posts
Reactions: Triple S

·
Banned
505 Posts
Post by Rhino:
1. Clean off the waxy stuff on the chain before you take it for a ride (Great advice) if you don't you wish you would have.
2 . If you are looking for a switched power feed to run a Sat Nav or other device, there is a little white plug on the R/H side of the tank (great Advice)
3 If your finding it too hot under the seat try blocking the heat with heat blocking insulating material. (Very helpful )

4. Having problems finding neutral, try adjusting your gear lever or quick shifter to a more ideal position and you will find neutral easier.
:smile2:[/QUOTE]

Ducati have solved this problem on the newer models [ this is from my dealership]
it can be sorted on existing models, but you will have to contact your dealer....0:)

·
Banned
505 Posts
DucColin.
Not exactly, but I think its something to do with oil pressure, my dealer has had 2 bikes back & fixed them....one other customer who bought late last year was so unhappy with it he would not put up with it although he had only had the bike a few weeks & was not prepared to give it time to bed either so the dealer swapped his SSS for another brand new one..... That does not happy very often..
Best to contact your dealer.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
... I think its something to do with oil pressure....
I doubt that very much. The clutch has no oil supply it is just situated in an oily environment.

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
Would LOVE to find out. Grease, next time you're at your dealer, ask them what magic they're working to correct the issue, please. Very curious.

·
Banned
505 Posts
The dealer has come back to me with what has to be done to sort the neutral issue.
it is an oil pressure problem within the gearbox selector drum, its a very fine adjustment with a special tool that normally is only available at the factory, but our dealership has now got their own .
Note:- because this is a fine adjustment this is only taken up by the dealer & only after the 1st service if the issue still remains or continues.
my man went onto say it should sort itself out after around 6 to 800 miles , some bikes may take a little longer.

·
Registered
357 Posts
It would be a question of adjusting a screw, to modify the oil pressing on the forks of the gearbox. An operation specifies not to fall over to the opposite, which could pull marigolds of gearbox, in the future. This is valid only for the gearbox which have marigolds same hot oil. For the gearbox which are contrary only cold oil and become normal with hot oil, the clutch has to wear out little. It's my case.

·
Registered
439 Posts
After looking at the 939 transmission diagram and overhaul steps i just dont see a magic oil pressure screw. Im going to bet they are adjusting the clutch cable. I have noticed that when starting in gear clutch pulled the clutch is not fully disengaging from the engine (the bike jerks forward when starting) i tweaked this and suddenly neutral was a bit easier to find also explains why its so easy to find when rolling forward a little. Also explains why its just fine after a few thousand miles. Cable stretches and clutch wears in. But idk wtf im talking about 90% of the time so treat this as just a mad mans rantings.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sorry No, I've adjusted the actual foot gear change pedal. No neutral issues yesterday on my almost 200 mile ride. Great day out.Only thing I need to improve now are the mrrors.

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
I have noticed that when starting in gear clutch pulled the clutch is not fully disengaging from the engine (the bike jerks forward when starting) i tweaked this and suddenly neutral was a bit easier to find also explains why its so easy to find when rolling forward a little.
I've noticed this too, and was my exact thought as well. With winter hitting a bit early last year, I didn't have a chance to make any adjustments as I was intentionally waiting until fully broken in, engine wise, to start making any fine adjustments. I noticed it most when revving the engine with clutch pulled in, it tends to pull slightly as if the gear is not totally disengaged.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I've noticed this too, and was my exact thought as well. With winter hitting a bit early last year, I didn't have a chance to make any adjustments as I was intentionally waiting until fully broken in, engine wise, to start making any fine adjustments. I noticed it most when revving the engine with clutch pulled in, it tends to pull slightly as if the gear is not totally disengaged.
Interesting point, I will try this when I manage to get out on the bike again. Come on Spring.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
After looking at the 939 transmission diagram and overhaul steps i just dont see a magic oil pressure screw. Im going to bet they are adjusting the clutch cable. I have noticed that when starting in gear clutch pulled the clutch is not fully disengaging from the engine (the bike jerks forward when starting) i tweaked this and suddenly neutral was a bit easier to find also explains why its so easy to find when rolling forward a little. Also explains why its just fine after a few thousand miles. Cable stretches and clutch wears in. But idk wtf im talking about 90% of the time so treat this as just a mad mans rantings.
There is no magic oil pressure screw. The only adjustments are to the selector control fork. If this is not set up correctly gear selection can be iffy, especially 1/N/2.
This is from the manual for another Ducati model but the parts are the same.

Attachments

101 - 120 of 144 Posts