Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,660 Posts
It would be a question of adjusting a screw, to modify the oil pressing on the forks of the gearbox. An operation specifies not to fall over to the opposite, which could pull marigolds of gearbox, in the future. This is valid only for the gearbox which have marigolds same hot oil. For the gearbox which are contrary only cold oil and become normal with hot oil, the clutch has to wear out little. It's my case.
I think something has got lost in translation there Olivier. There are no flowers in my gearbox :)

·
Banned
505 Posts
There is no magic oil pressure screw. The only adjustments are to the selector control fork. If this is not set up correctly gear selection can be iffy, especially 1/N/2.
This is from the manual for another Ducati model but the parts are the same.
This above sounds more like what my dealer was trying to say

Don't shoot the messenger..
Re:- oil pressure mentioned in my previous post, I was only relaying what the Salesman @ my Ducati Dealer told me... he also said any adjustment has to spot on or it could make it worse..Apparently they have done the adjustment on only 3 SSS's

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,660 Posts
This above sounds more like what my dealer was trying to say

Don't shoot the messenger..
Re:- oil pressure mentioned in my previous post, I was only relaying what the Salesman @ my Ducati Dealer told me... he also said any adjustment has to spot on or it could make it worse..Apparently they have done the adjustment on only 3 SSS's
No Worries. I'm sure the salesman has no idea about the workings of a Ducati clutch/gearbox.:smile2:
I forgot, there is one other adjustment. An eccentric screw that is used to centralise the action of the gear lever so that it has equal travel in both up and down directions.

·
Registered
357 Posts
In my Ducati Store, it was explained to me that he had to remove the pine nut of transmission to reach behind. I think that when he spoke about pressure, it was not of pressure of the oil, but the lever (photo previous comment) on the barrel of selection.

·
Banned
505 Posts
No Worries.

I'm sure the salesman has no idea about the workings of a Ducati clutch/gearbox.:smile2:
I forgot, there is one other adjustment. An eccentric screw that is used to centralise the action of the gear lever so that it has equal travel in both up and down directions.
I think you are right about most sales-man Derek but this one tells me he use to be a technician ?....

Now for any more info I go direct to main Technician for Ducati UK when I can get hold of him..

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Some expensive minor adjustment of back pressure dangling lever may be needed in some cases or the beltwhistle can cause too higher level of droning on the capstan shaft and .... well we all know what that causes?

Should have been a salesman.

·
Banned
505 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Surely the fretzer valve would play a major part as well. I bet that needs checking as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
Don't forget to oil your valve stems, too. Those could be pesky is they get too dry! Oh and be sure and check the fluid level in your headlights after each use!

·
Banned
505 Posts
We defiantly have our share of quick witted individuals. I love it!

We also have our share of a$$holes. >:)
That what I called a certain member who insulted me & really got up my nostrils, I should have used the $$ signs.....:nerd: and perhaps then I would not have got a bollocking

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
We also have our share of a$$holes. >:)
Hey, guys...I've really been struggling and had a relapse with my addiction lately which explains my a$$holiness.

It all started last year pretty innocently while on a business trip. Some Australian teammates turned me on to an over-the-counter medication that turned out to be pretty deadly. I just got in over my head and the stuff took over my life.

When I made it back home, I was an absolute mess and just couldn't get enough. I had the stuff everywhere...in the house, the car, at work in the office and even in my lunch box. But worse, it spread to my family and now my wife and daughter are struggling. We've had to get some serious help.

So, if any Australians try to get you to take some Tim Tams, just say no.

·
Banned
505 Posts
Hey, guys...I've really been struggling and had a relapse with my addiction lately which explains my a$$holiness.

It all started last year pretty innocently while on a business trip. Some Australian teammates turned me on to an over-the-counter medication that turned out to be pretty deadly. I just got in over my head and the stuff took over my life.

When I made it back home, I was an absolute mess and just couldn't get enough. I had the stuff everywhere...in the house, the car, at work in the office and even in my lunch box. But worse, it spread to my family and now my wife and daughter are struggling. We've had to get some serious help.

Wow NC that's serious stuff, know the feeling well, but there is a herbal antidote...try this, but take care as this gets right in your mouth..

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/jim-jams-83-less-sugar-hazelnut-chocolate-spread-60007853?skuid=007853&&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkuyiuYfz2QIVSrvtCh1n7gsFEAYYASABEgIMdvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

·
Premium Member
968 Posts

Mmmm Tim Tams...

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Never heard of 'em.
Click the link provided by @NothingClever, although they're not quite the same as the original ones we get here (we also get those shown on the link and while good they are not as good).

121 - 140 of 144 Posts