Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Picked up my bike this evening. It was great to be able to ride it at last, allthough breaking in period is a pain in the a....
Yes, it is, but I advise dong it properly and carefully, according to the manufacturer's recommendations. You've paid a fair bit for this, you want it to last a while. I attribute part of my M900 Monster's longevity to careful break-ins, both when new, and again when I replaced the piston rings at 122K miles.

PhilB

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thats Awesome, Billy!

Would love to read a normal customer perspective on the bike, and yes, this thread really needs a set of pictures!

Congratulations!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately the warm weather comes to an end tonight and wednesday it is supposed to snow a little. I haven't taken any pictures yet, it really looks like all the others I guess. I just got the seat cowl and The Akrapovic slip on as extras. The Akra has a nice throaty sound around 6000 rpm , but during break in it is time for the next gear by then. I allways follow the manufacturers recommendations when it comes to that.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Congratz Billy !

To others, i read in another post that billy is from sweden.

EU ok, but far north, i am closer from italy, i hope mine is arinving this week ! ^^

Reactions: sunstar557

·
Registered
274 Posts
Congratulations Billy For your wonderful picture and capacity riding on snow .

Please sound of your akra slip !!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Weatherforecast for today was right. Snow, rain and one degree celsius, so no riding today. When it comes to sound, I must say, the euro 4 regulations kills a lot of the traditional Ducati sound.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
That looks great, personally not keen on stickers...

Alaska_Duc
I'm getting mine from the dealer in Nottingham in the UK, it's a supersport S in white, for a start with the Akrapovic slip on and heated grips. Then I'll fit a cnc'd sat nav mount from the 2015 Multistrada, bits are all on order and I have a cunning plan.
Then I'll get the reservoir tips in red and some of the carbon bits. Me thinks this is going to turn out expensive. I just hope I like the bike when I ride it. Probably got a demo ride this Friday.
At the end of April a man is coming to fit a venture shield kit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Weatherforecast for today was right. Snow, rain and one degree celsius, so no riding today. When it comes to sound, I must say, the euro 4 regulations kills a lot of the traditional Ducati sound.
Welcome to my world! These were taken today.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts