Ducati SuperSport Forum banner

Greetings from Charlotte North Carolina

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  tworedtoys 
#1 ·
Went to the dealer here in Charlotte on Friday to take in my 2012 monster evo for service. While I was there I saw a friend and fellow duc rider who I havent bumped into for a few years. He said I absolutely had to take a look at the SS. Been riding monsters for over 10 years. Never really interested in the racing bikes or any of the other offerings Ducati has. But, when I did some research on it, this bike is DEFINITELY what I want now. Not as young as I used to be and riding the monster for hours at a time can be a challenge. The BlueRidge Parkway is one of my favorite places to cruise and this bike would be perfect for it, as well as getting my butt up there without wearing me out. Local shop has one being built and they are wanting me to trade in on it. But, I dont think is an S model, and thats the one I would want. Especially in the white....beautiful. Looking forward to joining the discussions and eventually in the coming months, maybe having a SS in the garage. Cheers.

Reactions: PhilB
#2 ·
Jealous of all the great riding roads in your area. Did the BlueRidge Parkway a few months ago and did an indicated 148 MH on one short straight until I ran out of road. Of course did the Dragon several times......in spite of all the Harleys.
Also did a road that was extremely technical. Don't remember the road name. We got onto it starting out from Lake Lure. No Harleys on it.

#4 ·
The dragon is a blast for sure. I have done that as well. Not sure what ride you took out of Lake Lure, but there is some great riding up near little switzerland on 226. I have heard 80 is close by and also a great stretch of road. I definitely have some great asphalt pretty close to me. :grin2:

#3 ·
Welcome, I've been to Charlotte, though many years ago.

Hope you get a test ride on a Supersport, I'm sure you'd just love it. Mine gets better as I add more miles to it. Consider the red one as it certainly doesn't show the dirt like the white does.

#5 ·
Thanks! I would consider the red, but my brother, who also rides ducs (he sold his black monster 1100 a few months ago) wants the red one. Besides, all of my bikes have always been red. Although I LOVE red, I can be very happy with the white with the RED wheels. Dirt......I'll just wipe her down after every ride...:grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.