Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride on the old pacific highway north of sydney with some smooth sections of tight corners and some not so smooth and came away impressed with the ground clearance and confidence this bike has and ability to carry corner speed. Its winter here and some places are damp and some corners are green off line, the ss is so confident in all situations on the road. The first thing that touches the road is the toe of my boot, the suspension settings have not changed from factory and to me are very good for road riding. In 1000km of riding mostly back roads the bike unsettled once in 5th gear overtaking hard on gas hit a bump wheelied a tiny bit and did a head shake but not violently did not need to back off she just settled quickly and got on with the overtake. Going for an interstate ride in one week to my mates 60th cant wait to see how she travels along Thunderbolts way and waterfall way

·
Registered
921 Posts
Curious - fully kitted out to ride, how much do you weigh?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Never weighed my self kitted out to ride, with a loin cloth I am 76kg. riding gear would have to be pushing 10kg in winter?
Wow! I'm amazed that you haven't found the standard settings way too hard for your weight. IMHO they are usually set for riders way heavier than 76kg.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Went for a ride on the old pacific highway north of sydney with some smooth sections of tight corners and some not so smooth and came away impressed with the ground clearance and confidence this bike has and ability to carry corner speed. Its winter here and some places are damp and some corners are green off line, the ss is so confident in all situations on the road. The first thing that touches the road is the toe of my boot, the suspension settings have not changed from factory and to me are very good for road riding. In 1000km of riding mostly back roads the bike unsettled once in 5th gear overtaking hard on gas hit a bump wheelied a tiny bit and did a head shake but not violently did not need to back off she just settled quickly and got on with the overtake. Going for an interstate ride in one week to my mates 60th cant wait to see how she travels along Thunderbolts way and waterfall way
Just did a 3500k ride from Fraser island Queensland taking the back roads and ranges down to port Macquarie then did the Oxley Highway Gingers Creek Waterfall Way and loads more Best bladdy roads in Australia my mate slid his Kwaka on the Waterfall Way and my GSXs 1000 went down on a back road near there it was wet leafy and muddy best time of our lives I pick up my SSS next week and plan another trip asap to do the Lions Rd which was closed when we went. enjoy your ride mate.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Never weighed my self kitted out to ride, with a loin cloth I am 76kg. riding gear would have to be pushing 10kg in winter?
Would it be too much to ask if you could ride it with just helmet and loin cloth on to see if the reduction in weight had any impact on the handling?

>:)
It's not unusual to ride a Ducati without heavy gear on!

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would it be too much to ask if you could ride it with just helmet and loin cloth on to see if the reduction in weight had any impact on the handling?

>:)
It's not unusual to ride a Ducati without heavy gear on!
Yes I definitely draw the line at wearing head protection.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just did a 3500k ride from Fraser island Queensland taking the back roads and ranges down to port Macquarie then did the Oxley Highway Gingers Creek Waterfall Way and loads more Best bladdy roads in Australia my mate slid his Kwaka on the Waterfall Way and my GSXs 1000 went down on a back road near there it was wet leafy and muddy best time of our lives I pick up my SSS next week and plan another trip asap to do the Lions Rd which was closed when we went. enjoy your ride mate.
The south end of lions links up nicely with kyogle road another favorite.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts