Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Friday 5/28, a car pulled out in front of me. She pulled out and stopped. Could not stop or go around, so ended up hitting her left front fender. Sailed over her hood and landed on pavement. broke right leg just below knee and left arm near wrist. L1 compression fracture also. Much pain involved, but I’m alive!

Not dead, just look that way!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ouch, I’ve had my fair share of crashes over the years. It happens. Just concentrate on getting better then sort your bike out.

·
Super Moderator
7,604 Posts
@Paddlefoot64 Oh man, so sorry to learn of this. We all hope you continue to get well soon for a speedy and full recovery.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Get well soon! I wish we all could visit you and mark your arm with signatures or pictures you don't want to show your family... feel our stream of energy and be back fast on feet, conquer Marquez!

·
Registered
270 Posts
It's good that you have injuries you can quickly recover from, and hoping your red baby can mend too. My father-in-law was not so lucky... we bought our Scramblers together but after only 3 months a car drove into the back of him at a red light, and he was much worse off, 2 years later and he still needs more surgery. No more riding for him, sadly. But so glad we still have him.

Looking forward to updates as you heal.

Reactions: Ed K

·
Registered
222 Posts
Get well soon! Glad you'll recover and hope it won't discourage you from motorcycles ✊

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
In Oz we have an expression that sums this up.

BUGGER.

Get well soon...

Reactions: Boe and Ed K

·
Registered
2018 Ducati Supersport S
508 Posts
Wowzer !! So sorry to hear this. I too have had a few street crashes which resulted in broken bones and at our age they take a lot longer to heal from. Here's hoping your recovery is not too long and not too painful. Take it easy and get well soon....

Don

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear. You’re alive, that’s what matters.

Heal up, looks like it might be new bike time :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Wish you all the best and hope you recover well and fast! Bike can be repaired or replaced but your body is unique and not replacebal😇

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Get well soon buddy.

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
OUCH!

Glad you’re on the sunny side of the dirt.

Hope your recovery is smooth. Please keep us posted on your progress. Hoping you can ride again in next year’s DGR.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 week today! Painful, yes. Mostly just difficult to move around. My children and wife have really stepped up. Bike is home and in shed. Looks like front fender, front wheel, right mirror, farings would get her back in order.
Porsche has been moved and is on maintainer, won’t be able to drive it for a while.
Video of accident not very impressive. Seeing it makes one think I could have driven around her. I was worried she might pull forward. So I plowed right into her during braking.
Too early to make decisions on giving up bike. Giving up for today and near future for sure!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Wow, just saw this post. Heal up soon and happy to hear you are improving.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Super sorry to hear this. Accidents are no fun. Having family to step up and help is a really great thing, though.

Your bike will be fixable in no time.

Heal well.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts