Ducati SuperSport Forum banner

Headlight workings

14K views 39 replies 16 participants last post by  Derek 
The behavior I've seen is this:

DRL - The LED strip at full brightness, neither headlamps are illuminated
Dip (low) beam - the LED strip cuts to half power and the right (clutch side) headlamp illuminates
High beam - same as the Dip, plus the left side headlamp illuminates.

There are three buttons that control the lights. the High Beam switch on the left bar, the Flash to Pass momentary switch on the left bar, and the DRL switch on the right bar. There is an ambient light sensor that automatically switches between DRL and Low beam. You can manually toggle between the DRL and Low beam with the DRL switch on the right bar. Sometimes, when I go into a tunnel, the ambient light sensor turns on the Low Beam, but when I exit the tunnel it doesn't go back to DRL, I have to use the switch to go back to the DRL.

The High Beam switch (ON) or the Flash to Pass (momentary) do the same thing - it overrides all of the DRL and Low beam controls and goes directly to the High Beam setting above.

All that said, on one single ocassion I had the same behavior as you are describing - the DRL switch only made the the DRL bright or dim, but never turned on the headlamp. At some point it corrected itself, and I've never seen it happen again.
This is what I have noticed as well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.