Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer just called as I was supposed to get new rotors and pads as mine were having HUGE issues. Anyway, they wanted to push back my date as they said a recall has just been issued and they wanted to get that done. He said they didn't even know what it was yet but wanted to be able to order parts. Anyone have any info?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've inserted my VIN on Ducati Recall site and there isn't active campaign on my SuperSport.
The site is refreshed at today

·
Registered
44 Posts
there will be an extra heat shield mounted on the rear exhaust to protect the rear shock ;-)

Reactions: Ed K

·
Super Moderator
7,825 Posts
My dealer just called as I was supposed to get new rotors and pads as mine were having HUGE issues. Anyway, they wanted to push back my date as they said a recall has just been issued and they wanted to get that done. He said they didn't even know what it was yet but wanted to be able to order parts. Anyone have any info?
What were the issues?

·
Registered
44 Posts
the stop on the rear shock could melt

·
Registered
433 Posts
My dealer just called as I was supposed to get new rotors and pads as mine were having HUGE issues. Anyway, they wanted to push back my date as they said a recall has just been issued and they wanted to get that done. He said they didn't even know what it was yet but wanted to be able to order parts. Anyone have any info?[

Me: I was supposed to get new rotors and pads from you about that issue we were talking about(you were talking about it, right)
Dealer:Yea, but there's a recall for something, but i don't know what it is, and we want to do this later so we can still get parts.
Me:Who's your closest competitor?

That sounds like a load of horses456t to me.

Edit: was going to rant, decided not to. Unfortunately, i deal with stuff like this all the time. i have some interesting conversations.

Edit: Wouldn't they want to get you in and out before the recall goes into effect? Or do they just want to give you the in and out?

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Keep us posted.
I know the mirror setup is going to be a recall in the coming months. That's the feedback my Ducati dealer got from Ducati Italy. They are finalising the solution.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What were the issues?
From about 2000 kms on they started pulsing. I'm not sure if they were just not bedded in right but I tried every suggestion and trick in the book and they have just gotten worse to the point where it's a bit dangerous coming to a stop. It's like the rotors are warped.

The dealer looked at them and told me, "There is nothing wrong with them.. the tech said he felt the pulsing though and we are going to replace the pads and rotors under warranty."

I was like... so there is nothing wrong with them but you're going to replace them under warranty? ha ha There is SOMETHING wrong with them. It's horrible... I hate driving the bike.

No one else on here is complaining about the issue so obviously I'm a moron (I know I'm not... I've had LOTS of bikes) or there is a real issue with MY bike!

·
Registered
442 Posts
From about 2000 kms on they started pulsing. I'm not sure if they were just not bedded in right but I tried every suggestion and trick in the book and they have just gotten worse to the point where it's a bit dangerous coming to a stop. It's like the rotors are warped.

The dealer looked at them and told me, "There is nothing wrong with them.. the tech said he felt the pulsing though and we are going to replace the pads and rotors under warranty."

I was like... so there is nothing wrong with them but you're going to replace them under warranty? ha ha There is SOMETHING wrong with them. It's horrible... I hate driving the bike.

No one else on here is complaining about the issue so obviously I'm a moron (I know I'm not... I've had LOTS of bikes) or there is a real issue with MY bike!
I'm pretty sure Ducati just buys rotors and pad from someone. You probably had a warped one from the factory. I bed mine when I get a new bike and follow the break-in procedure. I have not had any issue with the SSs - however, my new mountain bike is having this issue.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Keep us posted.
I know the mirror setup is going to be a recall in the coming months. That's the feedback my Ducati dealer got from Ducati Italy. They are finalising the solution.
Oh man... I really hope so

·
Registered
44 Posts
Where'd you hear this? The link to the pic didn't show anything.
i am a Ducati mecanic.

how do you place a picture here? i will post them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
this are the pictures for the recall

·
Registered
44 Posts
it was not a yoke :)

1 - 20 of 306 Posts