Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know that there have been mentions of heated grips on few other threads, but I wanted to start a new thread specific for heated grips.

Has anyone received the Ducati heated grips? My dealer says he doesn't even know when they may be shipped out. He threw them in for free when I ordered the bike.
Has anyone fitted any aftermarket ones? If so, are you happy with them?

·
Registered
109 Posts
No time soon is pretty upsetting to hear. I would go aftermarket for the time being then. They'd probably be cheaper than oem anyways wouldn't they?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No time soon is pretty upsetting to hear. I would go aftermarket for the time being then. They'd probably be cheaper than oem anyways wouldn't they?
They would be. However, I think Ducati integrates heated grips in the computer so that it shows on the panel when it is on/off, intensity (high, mid, low) etc.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
My Dealer first said the heated grips would be available the first week of July along with the panniers. They called last week to pass along that they have been advised the bags are not arriving until the second week of July and that the heated grips would not arrive until the first week of September. That is ok with us as we don't have an trips planned to cooler places until thereafter and it won't be cool enough in Oklahoma to need them before then.

The Ducati heated grips do indeed integrate into the on-board system allowing the use of the existing controls to also control the grips. I have installed 4 sets of aftermarket heated grips on Wife's ST3s and my previously owned ST4s. They work ok but require separate control and wiring to a power distribution module or directly to the battery and we have had a few issues.

My previous Multistrada had Ducati heated grips and they worked great. We choose the Ducati grips because of the system integration to keep the cockpit clean.

I think either will work and its mostly a matter of aesthetics and personal choice.

Reactions: Gcati937sss

·
Registered
41 Posts
Actually it should just be the same part number as the one on the Diavel as well as the Monster so I would think you'd just do a search online for that part number, order it, then have your dealership install it. I've noticed that ordering accessories online tends to be much faster and sometimes cheaper than doing it through the dealership...

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I've always been curious about heated grips. This very well may be a future purchase. I'll be watching this thread to see the results.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I've always been curious about heated grips. This very well maybe a future purchase. I'll be watching this thread to see the results.
As it was explained to me: "About heated grips, there are two kinds of people: Those who have never used heated grips, and those who own them."

I don't own them, but I did install a set on my wife's Guzzi. They most definitely weren't $350, I think they were closer to $75, and I had to find a spot to put an on/off switch. Her bike had a similar power connection to ours, switched at the headstock, specifically for an accessory installation.

Reactions: se7en

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I don't even consider the $350 as a deterrent. That sounds fine, to me at least. Now, $1,200 for a slip-on is akin to robbery at gunpoint...but that's another thread. :mad:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Any one know if the heated grips thickness is the same as standard or much thicker?

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,723 Posts
I haven't got them yet but if they are like the ones on my Scrambler and my previous MTS they are a little thicker than the standard grips but not much. More so on the clutch side which has a plastic sleeve with the heater element built in under the rubber grip. The throttle side comes with new throttle tube incorporating the heater element.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yeah thanks. Was thinking they would be a little thicker.. if you get pics of both , please up load as I'd like to see..

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Ducati have received 400 sets of heated grips. Today they were starting to send them out to dealers. My dealer is expecting to get some within days. Those dealers who were tardy in placing orders will have to wait.

·
Registered
349 Posts
........Those dealers who were tardy in placing orders will have to wait.

Only if you accept the assumption that all 400 sets are spoken for. We will see how it goes for my order which was placed two weeks ago. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Supersport, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic, 1994 Ducati 907ie
1,723 Posts
Mine are scheduled to arrive at my dealer on Aug 31st. Rather annoying as I was there on thursday for the 600 mile service. That will be another 200 mile round trip to get them fitted.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Mine are scheduled to arrive at my dealer on Aug 31st. Rather annoying as I was there on thursday for the 600 mile service. That will be another 200 mile round trip to get them fitted.
Cant they ship them to you with instructions? How hard could the install be?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts