Ducati SuperSport Forum banner

Hello from Belgium

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Christm13 
#1 ·
Hi,
A little early to be already a member of the Supersport forum, I'm 99% sure to buy one.
Now I'm riding for more than 10y a Ducati Monter S4 from 2002, now with 80.000km on it. So time to change.
I did already a couple of test rides with the Supersport and SSS from the people of Motopuro in Neunen (Netherlands).
The only 1% is that I wait until mid October to know if there will be a nice Monster coming out below the 1200 and as successor of the 821. If that is the 939 engine on an "S'type with same drive experience as the 1200S, like quickshift, suspension, brakes, Electronics.... I will have a major problem of picking one.
I already have an option list ready to add to the White Supersport "S' that I want to buy, I put that in the other sections of this forum.

Now for myself, I'm Raf born in 1975 and living in Leopoldsburg (Belgium), no wife or kids around. Working fulltime as a Mechanical engineer near Eindhoven (the Netherlands). My passion is photography and travelling.
Photography is about, motorcycles (and cars), abandoned building, portraits, travel photography and also for a pageant contest in the Netherlands (miss beauty of the Netherlands)

Travelling is taking lot of spare time. once every 2 years I try to visit friends in the USA and do some roundtrips there, now already did over 25states. the other times I travel around in Europe by car or motorcycle.
Need more info about me or do you want to meet me somewhere, let me know!
Greetings,
Raf

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome rafke,

I've my lovely red 3S since april , before i tried monster 1200 r and new 1200 s , good bikes but there is no protection and too power for me.

Ss is confortable alone or with partner, good handling, good shock, fork, brake, ..... I changed windscreen to improve protection , added somes accessories, and waiting for clipons / clamps of performanceparts.de

My half and i have same passions photo, trips..... and ducati.

Be careful if you choose a SS you 'll have a new overflowing passion.

Reactions: Ed K
#6 ·
Welcome rafke,

I've my lovely red 3S since april , before i tried monster 1200 r and new 1200 s , good bikes but there is no protection and too power for me.

Ss is confortable alone or with partner, good handling, good shock, fork, brake, ..... I changed windscreen to improve protection , added somes accessories, and waiting for clipons / clamps of performanceparts.de

My half and i have same passions photo, trips..... and ducati.

Be careful if you choose a SS you 'll have a new overflowing passion.
Welcome Raf!

If your photography is for public viewing, it would be great to post a link of that too!

Hi Guys,

I also ride the 2017 1200S for a day (around 300km) and liked it. But I'm in for a little bit less power.
Did also a weekend ride with the 2016 Panigale 959, loved it, but to sporty position for me (broke my wrist 10y ago).
And as vacation ride I had the 2017 Multistada 1200 Enduro, did 3200km in 7days. Loved it, but to big as daily for me.
And I was demorider for a day with all the other Ducati rides on Easter Monday.
I already have a Ducati Passion with my Monster S4. So that would be a problem.

Yes, my photography is also for public viewing. I didn't post it before, I find it looks like spam in a first post :) But here it is.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rafdebruyne/

Also some Ducati photography in it, custom build Diavel, Scrambler, and some races..

Greetings,

Raf

#10 ·
Beautiful photos of....well everything. Very Impressed :nerd::nerd:
Hey, welcome, I hope you become a member on here and own a Supersport. Just love your pictures....
Welcome, Raf!

I think you need to post those Miss Belgium photos. Priorities!

P.S. Being from Florida, I like the Miami shirt! :)

Hello,
Next weekend is dealers meeting in Italy for learning and seeing the new models for 2018. After that my dealer will contact me and than I make my decision.
Thank you for the positive reaction on the photos.
I'm only shooting for the contest in the Netherlands (part of the organisation). But in the running to shoot some girls of Miss Belgium later this year (or 2018) And the Miami shirt is a bathing suit :smile2:
When I have my SSS I do a shoot and post them. But first some rebuilding :wink2:

#11 ·
An update!
Yesterday I ordered my white SSS! :grin2:
On Wednesday MotoPuro texted me about the Dutch promotion the dealers are doing until November. It's the panniers free if you order a SuperSport. It's that one of the minor issues for me was storage during trips.. A big bag is difficult, building something is not for me. And now I can have a good opportunity to use the bike also when I go shooting, camera gear will fit :nerd:
I also ordered some parts for personalising her. Try to have photos of the rebuild and post it in the threads!
When the major things are done, I can pick her up!

#15 ·
Last Saturday I pick my SSS up at Moto Puro in Nuenen.

I had some time needed to do all the paperwork for export and import. Tax, licence plate, insurance .... But after all that went well, it was the first time I imported a vehicle into Belgium.
Also the managed to do 90% of the custom stuff that I asked for. Only the clutch lever wasn't yet in the catalogue of Brembo and also the LED lightning didn't fit nice, so original it is for now.
The rest of the list is done, braking system in front rebuild, Akra, short licence plate holder with shorter turn signals on, heated grips mounted.
So it was nice to pick her up, even on a rainy and cold day.

Vehicle Motorcycle Wheel Auto part Rim

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Rim

#17 ·
Welcome Raf
What a tough job having to take photos of all those gorgeous ladies. If ever you need someone to carry your camera case you know where I am!
Seriously though all the photos are terrific and thanks for posting them. We hope you become a permanent member and look forward to your input, (and lots more photos of beautiful girls of course) >:)

#19 ·
Hi rafke
Thanks for your photos of mods.

How do you feel the brembo m50 compared to stock calipers ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.