Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Another new member, although I have been lurking for awhile, even before buying the bike, and have already learned a lot from the forum. I have a base Supersport I bought last September. I sold a Monster 796 before moving from Illinois to Colorado earlier last year (too much stuff to move and had to pair down my bikes), but missed having a Ducati. By the time I went back to look at replacing it, I fell in love with the Supersport.

I am 63 years sold, so I did a few things to make it even a bit more comfortable, as well as improve the looks, including a Corbin saddle, Ducabike bar risers and levers and more padded grips. I also did the tail tidy cleanup. These are great looking bikes and fun to ride.

I still can only ride it a few hours, for some reason my hands go somewhat numb after that, and it is a little tight on my knees, but those few hours sure are fun! Maybe it will improve when I retire and can spend more time training my body to the bike! :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
Welcome to the family. Glad you finally joined. Congrats on the bike.

Sounds like you're on the right track to make it more comfortable for you. On top of the bar risers, consider some adjustable rearsets.

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Hello all. Another new member, although I have been lurking for awhile, even before buying the bike, and have already learned a lot from the forum. I have a base Supersport I bought last September. I sold a Monster 796 before moving from Illinois to Colorado earlier last year (too much stuff to move and had to pair down my bikes), but missed having a Ducati. By the time I went back to look at replacing it, I fell in love with the Supersport.

I am 63 years sold, so I did a few things to make it even a bit more comfortable, as well as improve the looks, including a Corbin saddle, Ducabike bar risers and levers and more padded grips. I also did the tail tidy cleanup. These are great looking bikes and fun to ride.

I still can only ride it a few hours, for some reason my hands go somewhat numb after that, and it is a little tight on my knees, but those few hours sure are fun! Maybe it will improve when I retire and can spend more time training my body to the bike! :smile2:
Welcome, flatland.

Where about in Colorado?

·
Registered
405 Posts

Welcome. Great Colorado bike. Where in our great state do you call home? I'm 66 but find the riding position and and equipment perfect.

Might see you on the road one day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts