Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently sold my BMW S1000R and really wanted to come back to Ducati (formerly owned a 2007 Monster S4RS). I agonized over the choice between the Monster 1200S and the Supersport S. Decided to pull the trigger last week on the SSS (in white since I understand that is the fastest color :grin2:). On the 180 mile ride home I knew I had made the right choice. This forum helped greatly with my research. I must say this is the best Ducati forum I have been on. Very impressive to me that this bike has such a devoted following already. I look forward to being a part of it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
White is a mixture of RGB, soo red - Ducati, speed, green - I have in mind Kawasaki but don't have a good joke here heh... and blue - yamaha. All the best in one single SSS. :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great riding country there.

I am curious how you feel about trading a full on sports machine for the sedate SS?
Well, the S1000R is the naked version of the RR, but it was definitely manic. I thought I might miss the extra HP, one reason I was seriously considering the Monster 1200s, but I honestly don't. The SSS is a fantastic bike and comfortable to boot.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Well, the S1000R is the naked version of the RR, but it was definitely manic. I thought I might miss the extra HP, one reason I was seriously considering the Monster 1200s, but I honestly don't. The SSS is a fantastic bike and comfortable to boot.
It seems that most of us here would like 20 more HP but appreciate the balance and handling over the trade-offs. After all, a good torque curve and the right gearing can be pretty sporty.

I was cruising down the freeway yesterday, I am ticket conscious and usually don't exceed 10 over. I had two drivers that wanted to race me. I declined. But the last one was a Repsol replica (assume it was the Hayden replica Honda 600) would up in gear. He was buzzing through traffic and got in front of me, we both nailed the gas at one time, I'll be darned that I stayed right with him in 6th gear and he didn't pull away. He got a little panicky and knifed through traffic, so I just stayed back.

I caught up with him when we both got off on the same exit. At the first stop he was going right (into town) and I was going left (twisties around the lake). I motioned and hollarred to go my way. He declined.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts