Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I do not own any Supersport yet but I am just back from my test ride and I am sure I will own one soon. :)

However I am not yet sure if I will buy a new or a used one. There are a lot of good offers with about 5000-10000km. Most of them are model 2017, some 2018.

Are there any know issues with the earlier models which are fixed in newer versions?
Anything I should particularly look for if I buy a used Supersport?

·
Super Moderator
5,638 Posts
@dte Welcome! It’s a wonderful bike, you’ll love it!

All years are the same. If the bike has been properly maintained (service and recalls done) by trusted technicians, you should be in good shape for a used one.

If you haven’t already, check out the “Issues, Problems, Defects, Recall” sections of the Forum for more detailed info.

Are you considering the base or S model?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Hi,

I do not own any Supersport yet but I am just back from my test ride and I am sure I will own one soon. :)

However I am not yet sure if I will buy a new or a used one. There are a lot of good offers with about 5000-10000km. Most of them are model 2017, some 2018.

Are there any know issues with the earlier models which are fixed in newer versions?
Anything I should particularly look for if I buy a used Supersport?
I purchase mine with 1300 miles on it. After a year, I have 11k miles. Love the bike.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mine had 3,500 miles on it when I got it. It has never given me any causes for concern.

It's a great bike and I am sure you will be very happy when you get it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you considering the base or S model?
Actually I am not sure about that. If I buy a used one I will tend to the SSS as the prices for used SSS are pretty good and not that much higher than for the SS.
However if I would decide for a new one I think I would go for the SS as the SSS is much more expensive and I do not necessarily need a quick shifter.

Considering the suspension, has anyone compared the SS to the SSS and can share his experience?
I think that I probably will rather not notice to much difference between SS and SSS as I am not planing to go to the track and bring the bike to its limits.
However I tried the SSS for about 40km and then rented the SS for 250km a week later. With the SSS the suspension felt much harder than the SS but maybe this was just because it was my first short time (any my first day in this season) on that new bike or something had been changed by another customer?!
Can anyone say if there is much difference between the suspensions (except that the rear suspension is more customizable in SSS and maybe a bit better if you bring the bike to its limits)?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Actually I am not sure about that. If I buy a used one I will tend to the SSS as the prices for used SSS are pretty good and not that much higher than for the SS.
However if I would decide for a new one I think I would go for the SS as the SSS is much more expensive and I do not necessarily need a quick shifter.

Considering the suspension, has anyone compared the SS to the SSS and can share his experience?
I think that I probably will rather not notice to much difference between SS and SSS as I am not planing to go to the track and bring the bike to its limits.
However I tried the SSS for about 40km and then rented the SS for 250km a week later. With the SSS the suspension felt much harder than the SS but maybe this was just because it was my first short time (any my first day in this season) on that new bike or something had been changed by another customer?!
Can anyone say if there is much difference between the suspensions (except that the rear suspension is more customizable in SSS and maybe a bit better if you bring the bike to its limits)?
This has certainly been discussed, you might search the forum. :crying::crying:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Go for the SSS

I bought my SSS for other reasons than the quickshifter and autoblipper, but after riding 5,000 km (about 2/3 of that touring, 1/3 daily commute pre-pandemic), god I LOVE the quickshifter and autoblipper on the SSS. The combined Suzuki/Kawasaki/Honda/Ducati dealer mechanic I spoke to after my first service confided that the SSS setup was the smoothest to use they'd seen on any bike, and gave them the least trouble. Being able to effortlessly cog down when approaching a corner, or rapidly accelerate through the gears on exit is a job to do clutchless. In fact, i think its safer. My 2 pfennigs for you 👍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts