Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

New to the Ducati family! Had my Supersport S since May and have been loving every minute. Had some hassle from the Dealers to get the full Akro exhaust fitted, but now that is on I have the biggest smile every time I ride :D

Next weekend I'll be going on a short trip away with some other riders, so I'll be testing out fitment my soft paniers and of course, taking more beauty shots and videos.

Also, still need a name for her, any suggestions? Thanks for having me here guys :)

20170810_081048 modified.jpg

20170810_081059 modified.jpg

20170810_081131 modified.jpg

20170810_081152 modified.jpg

20170810_081217 modified.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the bike. Looks very nice. Interested in your soft luggage solution with the high mount exhaust.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
A few SS's in the UK now, now only if we could get a summer or even a long spell of dry weather, I've had all the wet weather experience I need.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
A few SS's in the UK now, now only if we could get a summer or even a long spell of dry weather, I've had all the wet weather experience I need.
Man, you're not alone. H3ll, we had 2" (5cm) of rain last night alone. SO SICK OF RAIN!!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Man, you're not alone. H3ll, we had 2" (5cm) of rain last night alone. SO SICK OF RAIN!!
I feel for you, we've had up to 4" some days. The rest of Europe has had very high temperatures, they called the heat wave Lucifer, all we get is a couple of days about 20 Celsius. I get my bike nice and clean go to work on it then it's covered in crud again. Last Wednesday coming home there is a steep hill I come down, that wasn't fun with the rivers flowing down it....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know what you mean! A decent dry and warm summer is all we ask for. been barely hitting 20 degrees last two weeks or so and most of that time has been wet! :frown2:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hello all,

New to the Ducati family! Had my Supersport S since May and have been loving every minute. Had some hassle from the Dealers to get the full Akro exhaust fitted, but now that is on I have the biggest smile every time I ride :D

Next weekend I'll be going on a short trip away with some other riders, so I'll be testing out fitment my soft paniers and of course, taking more beauty shots and videos.

Also, still need a name for her, any suggestions? Thanks for having me here

Welcome and congrat !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Saddle bag attchment to the SS

Hello all, I did some trials with my soft luggage a couple of weeks ago. These are Oxford Tail Paniers.
Attaching them was a pain in the ass. Although, as you can see, they are not touching the high mounts, they were sitting right on top of the indicators, enough to start to bend them. I wasn't comfortable with that set up so decided to abandon it.
However, I think there could be a solution down the line. I would need to take off the rear seat cowl off and then put something on the seat to prop up the bags higher. Furthermore, there needs to be something to space out the back of the bags as at the moment they pinch in too much due to the thin tail of the SS.
Any and all comments/ questions welcome!

20170815_210751.jpg

20170815_210802.jpg

20170815_210813.jpg

20170815_210821.jpg

20170815_210832.jpg

20170815_210842.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts