Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all,

Bought a red one and very happy to be here. My previous bikes were puny 150-200cc I rode in India for about 10 years, so this 939cc bike is surely a step up. I like how approachable the bike's power is. Was super scared to buy it considering my background. I thought it would rip my arms off, but it is only a monster when you want it to be. Also didn't want to be a masochist and buy a true Super Sport bike, so ended up buying this one.
IMG_6033.jpeg

Looking forward to engaging more with the community over here.

Thanks,
Anurag.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hello and welcome!!! You live in probably the best riding this country has to offer in your backyard and the SS is a fine way to see it :)

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Welcome, I can say the guys and gals on here are very awesome, you'll pretty much find an answer to any question you have about the SS on here as well as answers to things you might not have thought about asking. Tail of the Dragon in your back yard, Lucky man you are!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already found a lot of help in choosing levers, phone mounts here. This group literally saves me money!

As far as the Dragon is concerned, I think it is way above my skill level. I did it a few times, but it scares me to push harder. I prefer roads like the Cherohala Skyway, Foothills Parkway. Way less riskier, and way more faster.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey Y'all,

Bought a red one and very happy to be here. My previous bikes were puny 150-200cc I rode in India for about 10 years, so this 939cc bike is surely a step up. I like how approachable the bike's power is. Was super scared to buy it considering my background. I thought it would rip my arms off, but it is only a monster when you want it to be. Also didn't want to be a masochist and buy a true Super Sport bike, so ended up buying this one. View attachment 41040

Looking forward to engaging more with the community over here.

Thanks,
Anurag.
Welcome Spiceycheese. I recently moved to Knoxville to after 20+ years living in the midwest (e.g. last January). Love the warmer weather and the extended riding season that Tennessee offer. Dropped about 500 miles on in last 3 weeks just pleasure riding. Got connected up with Se7en on some nice runs the past couple of weekends. He's a great guy and very knowledgeable about his SSS. He's another Super moderator of this site but was great at taking through some roads I had not gotten to you yet. I'm heading to the local authorized dealer this coming Saturday for install of a new LED tail light and fend eliminator kit. Was a bit hesitant to tinker too much with it and decided to just get expert install. I'll have none of the installation headache and will simply be able to enjoy it afterwards. Ducati electronic changes make a bit nervous with regard to getting error messages for some reason.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome Spiceycheese. I recently moved to Knoxville to after 20+ years living in the midwest (e.g. last January). Love the warmer weather and the extended riding season that Tennessee offer. Dropped about 500 miles on in last 3 weeks just pleasure riding. Got connected up with Se7en on some nice runs the past couple of weekends. He's a great guy and very knowledgeable about his SSS. He's another Super moderator of this site but was great at taking through some roads I had not gotten to you yet. I'm heading to the local authorized dealer this coming Saturday for install of a new LED tail light and fend eliminator kit. Was a bit hesitant to tinker too much with it and decided to just get expert in style. I'll have none of the installation headache and will be to simply be able to enjoy it afterwards. Ducati electronic changes make a bit nervous with regard to getting error messages for some reason.
The local dealer is pretty friendly actually. Nice to know there are owners close by. We should definitely meet up one of the weekends.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts