Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Welcome. Make sure throttle completely closed (I’m sure you know). My occasional misshift is where I opened throttle (like a rev match) when I should have it shut closed.
just sayin’.

·
Super Moderator
6,440 Posts
@Rasher Welcome!

That bike looks familiar. Is it a previously owned bike?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome. Make sure throttle completely closed (I’m sure you know). My occasional misshift is where I opened throttle (like a rev match) when I should have it shut closed.
just sayin’.
Hi
Yep fully closed throttle, the dealer will have a look at it when the nightmare is over👍

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s previously owned, 2017 with about 2600 miles. I’ve seen a a couple with similar graphics, I suspect that they are hiding some very slight damage, the dealer was straight with me and told me it has been on its side at some point.

·
Super Moderator
6,440 Posts
If you haven't had a chance yet, you might peruse the posts on DQS and also mis-shifts, through either the Search function, or the major categories of the Forum.

·
Super Moderator
6,440 Posts
If the DQS is turned off at the dash, can you down shift manually ok through those gears?

Some potential issues could be: the DQS unit at shifter, or even, possibly, the shifter fork. Or it could be as simple as adjusting the lever height to better suit your riding styles. Just gotta kinda take it one step at a time.
Keep us posted as you work through it and we’ll do our best to help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi.
It worked fine with the clutch, I’ll just have to wait and see when we can start riding again. The dealer has been great so far and will have it in the workshop when the lockdown is lifted.

·
Super Moderator
6,440 Posts
Might be DQS unit starting to go. The good news if that turns out to be the case, is it’s not that expensive to replace.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi and welcome from sunny Leeds.
My QS is starting to play up now. Usual symptoms and the warranty has expired.
Once the lockdown is over I'll investigate further.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome!

Make sure it isn't the clutch pressure adjustment screw, you will notice the bite point is very snatchy if this is the case.

If it isn't the DQS it could also be the gearbox, mine was rebuild under warranty for jumping out of gear between 6-5.

Matt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome!

Make sure it isn't the clutch pressure adjustment screw, you will notice the bite point is very snatchy if this is the case.

If it isn't the DQS it could also be the gearbox, mine was rebuild under warranty for jumping out of gear between 6-5.

Matt
Hi Matt. I’ll let you know how it goes. It’s under warranty so it will get sorted. In the small amount of time I’ve had on it I’ve got to say I love it

·
Registered
524 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
@Rasher Welcome!

That bike looks familiar. Is it a previously owned bike?
It isn't my old bike...but amazingly similar. Rasher's has a few things that differed from mine after scrutinising the photo...aftermarket levers and resevoir cap, couple of other things. And mine had c.10k miles went it went.

Enjoy it Rasher!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts