Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time viewer, decided its time to join. I never rode a motorcycle until I took my MSF course this past April at the local Harley Davidson dealer. I passed the course on 4/2, and put a deposit down at Ducati Detroit the day of the official unveiling. I took delivery of my Standard red SuperSport on 5/1/17 and its been a blast ever since. The bike now has approximately 1200 miles on the clock.

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Long time viewer, decided its time to join. I never rode a motorcycle until I took my MSF course this past April at the local Harley Davidson dealer. I passed the course on 4/2, and put a deposit down at Ducati Detroit the day of the official unveiling. I took delivery of my Standard red SuperSport on 5/1/17 and its been a blast ever since. The bike now has approximately 1200 miles on the clock.

Thanks
Jeff
Was my first bike too. I used to ride a 150cc naked when I was in India. My first US, Red Italian hottie!

·
Registered
316 Posts

Thanks
Jeff
Welcome Jeff and congrats on your purchase. We look forward to your contributions to the forum

·
Registered
316 Posts
Was my first bike too. I used to ride a 150cc naked when I was in India. My first US, Red Italian hottie!
So it appears that you lucky guys in the good old US of A don't have to go through any restriction period from being a complete novice to jumping on a bigger bike.
Here in Oz our new riders have to go through a progressive graduated licensing system and are restricted to riding smaller bikes for 3 years once they have received their license. Restrictions are bike must have power output of less than 150Kw/tonne :frown2:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Spinkick- where in Michigan are you located? Yes, Ducati Detroit has been a pleasure to deal with throughout the process.

Melba- Nope, no restrictions here in Michigan, probably the same elsewhere in the U.S. If you can pass the test to get the endorsement on your license you can ride anything you want. I made the decision early I wasn't going to by a Ninja 250 to tool around on for a few months and then go through the hassle of selling it to buy what I really wanted. I just took it easy in Urban mode for 1 day, then switched to Touring mode for 3 days and have been in Sport ever since, lol. I live out where there are great rural roads (55mph) with nice curves, good straights and little traffic. Its been a blast so far.

amoslws- voted!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
While I don't have that much to compare it to. I'm blown away how easy it to drive. Other than the HD Street 500 I took my MSF course on and the used Ducati 696 Monster I test drove at the dealership. I had no prior riding experience, but this thing is a dream to ride and looks incredible. More than enough power for a first bike, but I'm sure I'll want more as time goes on : )

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
While I don't have that much to compare it to. I'm blown away how easy it to drive. Other than the HD Street 500 I took my MSF course on and the used Ducati 696 Monster I test drove at the dealership. I had no prior riding experience, but this thing is a dream to ride and looks incredible. More than enough power for a first bike, but I'm sure I'll want more as time goes on : )

Ditto! MSF with street 500, Monster 821, but I do have exp on 150cc, 4-5 years

·
Registered
516 Posts
I started on a 600 (way different than 600's are these days, a Honda 600F4). Then moved to liter bikes, then went to a naked and now I'm at the supersport. Must be getting old :)

Literbikes (and z06's etc) are sometimes not so fun on the road because you cant wind them out, like you can these bikes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.