Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up, folks?

I haven't purchased one yet, but it just became my new obsession! I've been riding for 28 years owned a few bikes during that time. YZF660R, R6's, and R1's. Current stable has a 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 and a 2013 Ducati Hypermotard. Both will be sold and replaced with the new Supersport (non-S) as I want to consolidate my garage into a one bike stable...and this is the one I want!

Hopefully, it will be as good a bike as the Ninja has been as far as overall daily commuting ride-ability with the option for light touring (no track days planned). That's the goal anyway...

See y'all around...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Cool! I've owned two bikes at the same time more than once and I don't prefer to maintain 2 bikes so I've decided to stick with one myself. I'm still trying to decide though what that one will be. What part of TN are you in?

Great movie by the way.

·
Registered
88 Posts
What's up, folks?

I haven't purchased one yet, but it just became my new obsession! I've been riding for 28 years owned a few bikes during that time. YZF660R, R6's, and R1's. Current stable has a 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 and a 2013 Ducati Hypermotard. Both will be sold and replaced with the new Supersport (non-S) as I want to consolidate my garage into a one bike stable...and this is the one I want!

Hopefully, it will be as good a bike as the Ninja has been as far as overall daily commuting ride-ability with the option for light touring (no track days planned). That's the goal anyway...

See y'all around...
Hello fellow Tennessean! Just curious as to why you are opting for the non-S version?

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello fellow Tennessean! Just curious as to why you are opting for the non-S version?
I don't need the suspension upgrades this time around. I'm sure its worth the extra $1,800, but I'm not going to be tracking her, so no need to spend the money. I figure the bags will be around that much, so I'd rather spend it on those...maybe. Or just spend it on overpriced, flashy carbon fiber parts, LOL...

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't need the suspension upgrades this time around. I'm sure its worth the extra $1,800, but I'm not going to be tracking her, so no need to spend the money. I figure the bags will be around that much, so I'd rather spend it on those...maybe. Or just spend it on overpriced, flashy carbon fiber parts, LOL...

Gotcha, I got the S model because I wanted the white with the red wheels plus I wanted to try the quickshifter, which as it turns out is totally awesome:grin2:. I am also interested in the panniers.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gotcha, I got the S model because I wanted the white with the red wheels plus I wanted to try the quickshifter, which as it turns out is totally awesome:grin2:. I am also interested in the panniers.
Ya know, I've had 6 straight black bikes covering 14 years. I love black bikes...BUT this Ducati matte white is really eye catching. For the FIRST time (no joke) I actually semi-considered a white bike. I wish I knew what colors the 2018's will be. If they come out with a black one next year, and I go ahead and pull the trigger on a red one this year...I'll be upset.

Then, probably spend $2k on new plastics to replace the red with black. :wink2:

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As a quick note, too, I kinda like the early photos of the red, non-S, with the black front portion of the fairing as opposed to the final all red version.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ya know, I've had 6 straight black bikes covering 14 years. I love black bikes...BUT this Ducati matte white is really eye catching. For the FIRST time (no joke) I actually semi-considered a white bike. I wish I knew what colors the 2018's will be. If they come out with a black one next year, and I go ahead and pull the trigger on a red one this year...I'll be upset.

Then, probably spend $2k on new plastics to replace the red with black. :wink2:

As a quick note, too, I kinda like the early photos of the red, non-S, with the black front portion of the fairing as opposed to the final all red version.

Yes, the black front faring IMO, is a better look with all that red. Like you, my last 4 bikes were all black, but when I saw that sex-on-wheels with the white dress, red shoes, and red lingerie, I could not stop thinking about how awesome she would be if she rode half as good as she looks. Turns out she rides even better than she looks! :cool:

·
Registered
374 Posts
What's up, folks?

See y'all around...
Welcome, and enjoy your new ride! I've never been to the 'Home of the Vols' (only Nashville and Memphis)...do you have some awesome roads around Knoxville to take advantage of your new Duc?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome, and enjoy your new ride! I've never been to the 'Home of the Vols' (only Nashville and Memphis)...do you have some awesome roads around Knoxville to take advantage of your new Duc?
I don't know about Knoxville proper. It he has some of the best roads in the country (my opinion only) nearby.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes...we have arguably some of the best roads in the Eastern United States. People come from all over the world to visit this area, as well as Western North Carolina. I have US129, a.k.a. "Tail of the Dragon" and the Cherohala Skyway (just to name only two: there are 100's) within a 30 minute ride from my house. I've been riding these roads for the better part of 30 years and know them well.

I don't know about Knoxville proper. It he has some of the best roads in the country (my opinion only) nearby.
Yeah, what he said!

·
Super Moderator
7,816 Posts
Love Cherohala!

We should meet with two Star Whites together sometime! Do you know the Tellico Plains Bakery?

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Love Cherohala!

We should meet with two Star Whites together sometime! Do you know the Tellico Plains Bakery?
The TPB is a great meet up spot. Count me in too.
I know exactly where it is. We could also meet at the Cherohala Harley (cough, cough)...lol.

But wait. Lemme get my bike first. I guess I could meet you guys on the Hyper, but I'd rather wait till I have the SS-S.

·
Super Moderator
7,816 Posts
Cool... Is that White ones together? Let's do it guys!

Not to mention riding those wonderful surrounding roads.

Receiving my SS a week from Tuesday.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts