Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Newb to this forum but not to SuperSports

Got my first in 97'
A 750 SS while stationed in Germany. Rode all over Europe on that thing. Spent a lot of time in the ALPS.

left Ducati for a long while then bought 97 900 SS used in 2009. Still have that.

Later bought a 95' 900SS in immaculate condition from the original owner ( Fire Chief in SC) It's a 944 with titanium connecting rods and the dual spark system of racing lore back then. Still have that one.

when i want to know modem power I hop on my MT-10 ;) But zero Fahrvergnügen.

And then..... I got my 22 950S, had the wheels powder coated white (I'm sure i'll enjoy cleaning those)

And... amazing it feels just like my 900 from the 90s minus the klanky Klutch but it starts right up ( Guess electronic fuel injection has some benefit after all)

Not quite the nostalgia of the 900 but..... I'll keep this one too:)

wish it had a smidge more power.. maybe hmm 20hp or 10ftp. I think my MT10 has screwed up my ass dyno. Like... every rollercoaster has to go inverted and pull lots of negative Gs or the adrenal glands don't fire.

But.... maybe 5-10 ft lbs would cure that. <ok ok back to reality, I would be lucky to get 5 I get it >

No mods yet. well, I ordered a servo buddy and some frame protection. i like the twin exhaust look but not the akro slip ons. what's the point if no decat. all the decats are singles (meh).

When someone makes a dual like the OEM, with a decat pipe. i'll jump, map, and maybe i'll find my 10ft lbs.... we'll see we'll see

drop mic. newb post ... check

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
WELCOME @BruderMaximus - no need to shout. 😅 I am assuming that when you were in Germany you were stationed in the South?

Reactions: BruderMaximus

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Newb to this forum but not to SuperSports

Got my first in 97'
A 750 SS while stationed in Germany. Rode all over Europe on that thing. Spent a lot of time in the ALPS.

left Ducati for a long while then bought 97 900 SS used in 2009. Still have that.

Later bought a 95' 900SS in immaculate condition from the original owner ( Fire Chief in SC) It's a 944 with titanium connecting rods and the dual spark system of racing lore back then. Still have that one.

when i want to know modem power I hop on my MT-10 ;) But zero Fahrvergnügen.

And then..... I got my 22 950S, had the wheels powder coated white (I'm sure i'll enjoy cleaning those)

And... amazing it feels just like my 900 from the 90s minus the klanky Klutch but it starts right up ( Guess electronic fuel injection has some benefit after all)

Not quite the nostalgia of the 900 but..... I'll keep this one too:)

wish it had a smidge more power.. maybe hmm 20hp or 10ftp. I think my MT10 has screwed up my ass dyno. Like... every rollercoaster has to go inverted and pull lots of negative Gs or the adrenal glands don't fire.

But.... maybe 5-10 ft lbs would cure that.

No mods yet. well, I ordered a servo buddy and some frame protection. i like the twin exhaust look but not the akro slip ons. what's the point if no decat. all the decats are singles (meh).

When someone makes a dual like the OEM, with a decat pipe. i'll jump, map, and maybe i'll find my 10ft lbs.... we'll see we'll see

drop mic. newb post ... check
the bike could use some more power. The bike is also overgeared. Go with a 14t front sprocket, that'll wake the bike up.

Where in Tx are you? I'm north of the river. So many riders in the area now, we need to plan a ride to NW Ark Ozarks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agree on the group trip!! Austin

Agreed on the 14T front. Next service (or if get time) I'll drop one in!

Servo Buddy coming in. I hear It doesn't add any power but it does smooth low speed power delivery and sound. The old 90s SS was... well.. you got used filings loosening and whip lash. The 950, while not great, it's no where near that bad. I'll report my feelings on the servo buddy later (will leave the servo equip in, just going to pull the plug, swap it in and see what it does).

Its the can i'm hoping someone makes a de-cat pipe with dual cans like the stock that sound - look - and perform better. we're not there yet:/

I called Pipe Werxs out of england. I have their pipe on my FZ10. Very nice setup. Very happy with them. Tried to talk them into developing one. They haven't had an SS available to them to work with. They wanted me to bring mine in... Long drive from Texas, "Well whenever your in town" :) May have to ship it and take leave and go get this done haha

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
...Agreed on the 14T front. Next service (or if get time) I'll drop one in!...
Apparently, the 14T conversion does not play nicely with the 950, something different with the 6-axis IMU over the more simple unit on the 939 is the suspected cause. Even the TSU procedure doesn't help.

Posts 563, 569 and 576.

·
Premium Member
1,589 Posts
...Servo Buddy coming in. I hear It doesn't add any power but it does smooth low speed power delivery and sound...
After several problems with my exhaust servo and cable, we removed them, with the exhaust valve in the open position. Had to add a healer of course. Best bang for your buck exhaust mod, the bike sounds nicer all the time, rather than just when the valve/ flap opens.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Had to do it. have a white set on my old 900SS and it looks amazing on them... so it's a ' thing' for me. Agreed, it's something you keep staring at and scratching your head. i did. Menthol shaving cream... do i like the cooling sensation or is it just making me feel cold in the shower.

the black on red looks good, i too like it. Buuutt I had to do it and match them up. I will say this. The dealer stared at me a sec when i asked for his powder coater. Then he scrunched his face. Then looked around his showroom. Then mumbled something about "... but that's kind of a hypermotard sorta thing to do ". Ducati is just slow to know what i do, that they need to return to the white wheels says I. He said... we will see haha

when the dealer got then back from the powder coater i was out of town. bike sat on his showroom floor for a three weeks. he said he put it next to the white with red wheels. everyone gravitated to it, it got a lot of attention.

I get a lot of people who walk up and say wow what model is that haha maybe i'll make a fake name and see how many buy my bs. maybe i'll call it the 950 R... white wheels means it gets a 10ft lbs of torque boost starting at 4500rpm. And if I say it enough and click my over priced revit boots together... it will all come true.

I have to say it looks better in person than in photo. FWIW. oddly the back I love, the front.... I keep staring at the front while mushing the menthol shaving cream between my fingers.

maybe i'll coat the front back in black and keep white in the back (just kidding)

@theresanothersteve
Appreciation for the 14T no workie on the 950 due to 6 axis IMU isms. I probably would have been lazy and had the dealer install it and i'm sure they would have caught that 🙄 or ... maybe you saved me a lot of pain. So thanks for taking the time and saving me learning the hard way. much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
White wheels look great (y) I couldn't stand the look of the black wheels with the red sticker on them, so had mine painted red before I picked it up.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very beautiful!

For some reason i was thinking you had a Red one, and you painted those black wheels red. Red on Red.

Interesting, but when they painted your black wheels red, they also painted your ducati red fairings white;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
@nismo
Exactly... the way it was meant to be ;)

tell me i'm right, the photo doesn't do it justice.

very nice!!
My 06 S2R came with white wheels from the factory. It looks so clean that way.
People compliment the bike all the time.
I was loving the fact you had your wheels powder coated white. I was like " how cool is that ".
The bike looks great with the Ducati Red & white wheels.
Who gives a damn ( unless your just lazy ) that it requires a little effort to keep em looking pretty.

My SuperSport is Titanium with Red wheels. I have not seen another like it anywhere in my area. ( I love it )
Dare to be different.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts