Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone and thanks for the sharing of knowledge and experiences!
Like many i took the leap of faith and ordered over the winter just based on everything read and seen online. Traded my Ducati 848 and just received my Supersport S last Saturday. Exciting to see in person finally and I agree better than in pictures. Only 2 short rides so far scrubbing in the brakes/tires, and following the usual break in procedures.
Taking comfort after reading similar stories here that not having/finding neutral in this transmission seems to be normal. I'm hoping this will work itself out over the next few 100 km.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Like many i took the leap of faith and ordered over the winter just based on everything read and seen online. Traded my Ducati 848 and just received my Supersport S last Saturday. Exciting to see in person finally and I agree better than in pictures. Only 2 short rides so far scrubbing in the brakes/tires, and following the usual break in procedures.
Taking comfort after reading similar stories here that not having/finding neutral in this transmission seems to be normal. I'm hoping this will work itself out over the next few 100 km.
Hey, Welcome. Glad to see there are some making their way into canada, No word on them arriving here yet in the maritimes. I am insanely jealous

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome and congrat !!

The gearbox is really better after 1400km

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, Welcome. Glad to see there are some making their way into canada, No word on them arriving here yet in the maritimes. I am insanely jealous
Hey there,
I snagged a prebooked allocation that the dealer had. His only S. I'm told that Ducati can't tell him when more allocations will be available. Probably late summer for anything not booked before March.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey there,
I snagged a prebooked allocation that the dealer had. His only S. I'm told that Ducati can't tell him when more allocations will be available. Probably late summer for anything not booked before March.
Same process I went through back in march as well. I finally heard from them today they got their first white one this morning and my red one should be in a week

·
Registered
21 Posts
I too snagged a dealer allocated Red S three weeks (and 1600 miles) ago. Finding neutral is still a crap shoot, but its getting better. Its my first Ducati and true to what my brother told me, owning one is like going out with an Italian Supermodel that also throws dishes at you, LOL.

That said, I LOVE it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.