Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congratulations on the news bike, when you say “add to”, what else have you got tucked up in NY?
I love how you “white riders” know you’ve done something wrong and immediately feel the need to ask for forgiveness 🤣

·
Registered
94 Posts
What’s weaver fever?
That’s the slogan from the annoyingly catchy jingle of Bob Weaver motorsports in Buffalo where I bought my Supersport. I thought the pic may have come from there but it is a pretty ubiquitous setting.

The jingle goes “hop on board and take a ride with us
catchin Weaver fever
your wife just called — she said its OK
catchin’ Weaver fever”

plays on their hold line.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That’s the slogan from the annoyingly catchy jingle of Bob Weaver motorsports in Buffalo where I bought my Supersport. I thought the pic may have come from there but it is a pretty ubiquitous setting.

The jingle goes “hop on board and take a ride with us
catchin Weaver fever
your wife just called — she said its OK
catchin’ Weaver fever”

plays on their hold line.
Ah 😂 no I got it from the more boring location of Ducati NYC. Downtown

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
People with more than one bike in their garage make me envious 😡
I can't justify another bike in the garage. They are expensive big boys toys.

Reactions: A8tomic and jr85

·
Registered
41 Posts
Me too, I do 5000 miles a year but would struggle to justify 2 bikes. During lockdown I became obsessed with getting a second bike to compliment my Scrambler 1100. A 916/748 or TRX850, R1 or SP1. But the reality of owning a 20 year old bike, with the associated hassle put me off.
So I went for the SS as a sporty all rounder I can commute, scratch and your on.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I'm slowly being pushed in to a corner of the garage too, as my OH is using it to store things in. IF I could justify a second bike it would have to be a minimoto at this rate 😆

Reactions: Oldrider

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same here! Although my MT was relatively cheap to maintain, I'm already dreading the increased cost in maintaining a Ducati. I can't imagine owning two!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
We're an equal opportunity bike forum, whether the bike is white, red, gray, or has orange wheels on it.

We're an accepting, kind, and forgiving type of folks on here. :LOL:
Or in your case LowRyter and orange Supersport 😅

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Same here! Although my MT was relatively cheap to maintain, I'm already dreading the increased cost in maintaining a Ducati. I can't imagine owning two!
Running costs are all part of the rich tapestry of owning a Ducati ;)

That said, service intervals are good - it's just the Desmo Service that makes the eyes water

Reactions: Petrof Model II

·
Registered
7 Posts
@Not_a_good_idea I am about to purchase the same bike in white, too. I use my current motorcycle (Monster) daily for commuting and more and want to add bag space similar to what I have now (a Givi hard top, but I do not think this will be possible). I have been struggling to find good alternative options for a tail bag vs the Ducati panniers. One option I am considering from Kriega is a dry bag that has straps that are supposed to secure to a frame or bar underneath the seat (back section of the seat). Is this an option that is practical? What can you determine from what you see on your bike? Will the attachment kit from Kriega for the Panigale work in a similar fashion? I am attaching a picture of what they sell for the Panigale. Can you possibly take a picture of underneath your saddle for comparison? I’d appreciate it. Thanks.
2A6E0320-D58E-48DC-BAAF-2973F193C75E.jpeg

1 - 20 of 28 Posts