Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for entry to forum.
I currently do not own a Ducati but have shortlisted a supersport as my next bike and first Ducati. I currently own two Japanese bikes, one a super sports 1000 the other a retro,
I’ve joined the forum to read owners views on the SS 937 & 950.
Any advice on choosing the bike and ownership most welcome.
Rich

·
Administrator
8,280 Posts
@richc1308 Welcome! Very glad you joined us.

We here are very fond of the SuperSport, with many long term owners. As you may have already noticed, there’s wealth of info here, more than anywhere else on the net about the SuperSport.

But in end, if you haven’t already: ride one…then you’ll know for sure.

In the meantime, if any questions, lots of friendly, experienced riders glad to help.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
@richc1308 Welcome. Grab yourself a test ride if you haven't already. There is no performance difference between the 939 and 950; it's electrics, headlight, dash and aesthetics really. If you can grab a 939 at a bargain price, I would go for that over the 950.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@richc1308 Welcome. Grab yourself a test ride if you haven't already. There is no performance difference between the 939 and 950; it's electrics, headlight, dash and aesthetics really. If you can grab a 939 at a bargain price, I would go for that over the 950.
Thanks for the advice I’ve got a demo ride on 950 S planned at local Ducati dealer.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
@richc1308 I made a very brief comparison between the 939S and 950S below. If you don't lust after the latest model, then as I said go for a bargain 939S

Reactions: richc1308

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@richc1308 I made a very brief comparison between the 939S and 950S below. If you don't lust after the latest model, then as I said go for a bargain 939S

Thank you for reply and comparison. Still waiting for local Ducati dealer to have a 950s demonstrator ready to test. I’ve read most complaints are about all models are the mirrors. I’ve a Fireblade and the mirrors are clear but mostly a clear view of your elbows. The poor mirrors on the SS are obviously not a deal breaker but are they that useless?

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
...but are they that useless?
Yes.

There are some things you can do to tame the vibration and then you realise your elbows take up most of what you can see.

Seriously though, you can see stuff coming up behind you, but you can't identify what it is. You can pull in the clutch for a slightly clearer view.

Doesn't really worry me, I'm big on doing head checks. I've also tamed the mirrors sufficiently for them to be more useful.

Reactions: richc1308 and Ed K

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Yes.

There are some things you can do to tame the vibration and then you realise your elbows take up most of what you can see.

Seriously though, you can see stuff coming up behind you, but you can't identify what it is. You can pull in the clutch for a slightly clearer view.

Doesn't really worry me, I'm big on doing head checks. I've also tamed the mirrors sufficiently for them to be more useful.
Mine are pretty clear up to 60mph and useable thereafter. I've done the sorbothane fix. I do have to pull my elbows for a complete view behind.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
My mirrors are useless - except when I use them to check my hair before and after a ride 😉

• Haha
Reactions: BMont

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Supersport
23 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
I previously rode a Ninja. Love my SS lots better. Better ergonomics and more usable power and torque for riding the twisties and just tooling around town.
I opted for the 2021 model because I just like the looks of it better and I wanted the quickshifter without having to pay for the S model.
I also used the sorbothane trick, and now the mirror vibration is mostly eliminated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the forum!
I previously rode a Ninja. Love my SS lots better. Better ergonomics and more usable power and torque for riding the twisties and just tooling around town.
I opted for the 2021 model because I just like the looks of it better and I wanted the quickshifter without having to pay for the S model.
I also used the sorbothane trick, and now the mirror vibration is mostly eliminated.
Thanks. I’ve got a Fireblade RR6 love it as a great road bike, the Ducati would be bike for longer journeys and as I even never owned an Italian bike, I’ve shortlisted the SS as the onebthat suits my needs best.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts