Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I was / am on the Ducati ms site but registered here as I am contemplating a Supersport.

I took a test ride a few months ago and was impressed but didn't feel it was the right thing to do at the time, a couple of things, mirrors, riding position may be too steep , and a hot rear end , (mine!!!!), in traffic. I know now the riding position can be helped by fitting bar risers, and I'm just going to trawl through the site looking for advice on the others. I really do fancy one but I need to be sure before splashing out my savings!

Looking forward to the forum.

Cheers
Robert

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask questions and get as much information as possible. FWIW... I was also looking at the MS. In the end I went SS because I wanted something that was a little more sport bike focused and was comfortable. I have seen risers for the stock bars but I think that its pretty comfy in its stock form.

I am 5' 11" and it fits me pretty good. I have been on a few 3hr+ rides and have never had wrist or back pain.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome , I'm sure there'll be a few questions coming up!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome to the forum, always glad to have a new member to the forum.
Are there any other bikes you have been looking into aside from this Ducati?

·
Administrator
8,506 Posts
Welcome rbt! Since your last ride was a few months ago, are you considering another demo ride?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi RTB,
Welcome to the forum.
Like Ed K is telling, try another second (third) demo ride.
I also did it after talking with the shop owner and some mechanics about my complains on my first demo ride with de SSS. Now after the second one I'm in for a buy after riding 10y with a Monster. Search below "test ride reports" for the topic SSS (Stock) + SSS (no-stock) written by me about my two demo rides.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome Robert

you will find here nice people,
And we can tell you objective view on this bike

Reactions: rbt1548

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to the forum, always glad to have a new member to the forum.
Are there any other bikes you have been looking into aside from this Ducati?
Hi , yes I have been looking at another bike but it's pretty far from the Supersport, it's an older Laverda SF750!, I know, I know, not similar at all!, but I just have a hankering for one, however I intend doing a bit of touring next year and of course the Ducati fits the bill and if I'm honest with myself with the Ducati on one shoulder and a Laverda on the other I'm tipping towards the Ducati, but like most guys, it is a financial outlay so it will have to be the right choice.

Ed K asked if I was going to take another demo ride, I hadn't intended to because I got a fairly good feel for the bike on the original one but RafKe suggests it may be of benefit, so I just might, I will read the thread he suggested.

Thanks again for welcome and advice

Reactions: Ed K
1 - 10 of 10 Posts