Ducati SuperSport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself again (my first attempt failed miserably). I am loving this site and all the really helpful posts. I am trying to ride my supersport a little bit better every day commuting to work on the gorgeous TT mountain course - just to make you all jealous! Here is a picture of my steed.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Welcome, lovely looking bike :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
...that's a great commute, you lucky thing! :LOL: What's your time round the whole course?
Hi there. It takes me about an hour to go round the course😂 obeying the speed limits and traffic lights etc. sometimes you hear bikes going round in the early hours of the morning to evade any traffic and they sound fast… I’m not going to even try!!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hi John! Wow you came all this way! Let me know when you are back!!! We can do a lap together!😀
I did! My wife and I had a blast! The first night we got there, we met Paul at the Woodbourne, who gave us a Trike lap the day before we left for Belfast. We had booked it before we left, then as we were chatting at the pub, I found out he was a guide. It was fantastic! We were there 7 nights.

I told my son we would go next year, but he started a new job, so can't get the time off, so the following year it is! I want to look into volunteering as a marshal.

·
Registered
2021 950 Supersport S
714 Posts
Now there is a white I like! The Red helps! I'm envious it must be grand to see the races

·
Registered
2021 Supersport 950
410 Posts
Welcome! Awesome design on your 939! Did you have the wheels powedercoated or are these painted? How much did it cost?

Reactions: Paddlefoot64

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I have same question on wheels. I believe Marchesini paints most of their wheels (from my correspondence with them), so I painted the pair I had, (wish I still had them!). Price of used 1098 S wheels is up 50-100% from when I bought a pair.

·
Registered
2021 Supersport 950
410 Posts
I believe Marchesini paints most of their wheels (from my correspondence with them), so I painted the pair I had, (wish I still had them!). Price of used 1098 S wheels is up 50-100% from when I bought a pair.
I think Dr Fun had the original wheels painted. Those are not Marchesini's, but standard the SS wheels painted (or powedercoated) gold.
Which is what I'm considering for mine too. I'd absolutely love a set of 1098R wheels on my SS, but they've become far too expensive for me to justify. Given that you can your hands on them at all. Last set I saw went for 2k € / $.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I got set of forged aluminum Marchesinis (1098 S) a few years ago for $1100. I had to paint them, but they were in good shape. Now I can’t find any for less than $800 each and in far from great shape.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts