Ducati Supersport 939 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Picked up my white Supersport S on June 1. Absolutely delighted with this bike. Previously had 899 Panigale, but as a "mature-aged" rider I found the Panigale "exciting but punishing" to ride. The Supersport S gives me more rider comfort and for road use it has more than adequate performance. Early opinion is "Brilliant"
I'm looking forward to being on the forum:smile2:

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Welcome, Do you have some good roads out there where you live. Try avoid running it in at constant revs such as highways etc.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
Yes we have some good twists through the Dandenongs (mountains). I took the bike for a run through there on Wednesday and it handles brilliantly well, the only problem was it was C-O-L-D!!! We are just into our winter. Last week I rode the bike for the first time in fairly heavy traffic and the heat was very noticeable on my leg when stopped. Has anyone else had this problem? I used to have a similar problem with the Panigale and I think the heat from this is almost as bad. Could be a problem on hot days in summer

Reactions: amoslws

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Hi everyone,
Picked up my white Supersport S on June 1. Absolutely delighted with this bike. Previously had 899 Panigale, but as a "mature-aged" rider I found the Panigale "exciting but punishing" to ride. The Supersport S gives me more rider comfort and for road use it has more than adequate performance. Early opinion is "Brilliant"
I'm looking forward to being on the forum:smile2:
I am due to pick mine up next weekend it's been a long wate. Who did you chose to put your insurance through ?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Rhino
My insurance is through my broker and although I haven't received the actual policy yet (still on broker cover note), I believe they have placed it with Swan Insurance

Reactions: Rhino

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Hi
Yes we have some good twists through the Dandenongs (mountains). I took the bike for a run through there on Wednesday and it handles brilliantly well, the only problem was it was C-O-L-D!!! We are just into our winter. Last week I rode the bike for the first time in fairly heavy traffic and the heat was very noticeable on my leg when stopped. Has anyone else had this problem? I used to have a similar problem with the Panigale and I think the heat from this is almost as bad. Could be a problem on hot days in summer
The heat issue has come up a few times but it's not as severe as the pani's. Actually we are in winter now here too and it's been a pleasure to warm me up a little. Shame we got our bikes at the end of autumn hey.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Steve, I'll check it out

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Hi Melba
Got my insurance through QBE, about $700.00
The dealer was asking around $1700.00 for insurance
Regards
Steve:smile2:
I really hope QBE isn't my cheapest quote so I don't have the dilemma of if I should use them again. I've always been with QBE and was always happy. I think that was because I never claimed. But just recently I had to claim and I was shocked at the length of time it took to settle . In fact the only reason it settled was because I took them through their own dispute & resolution process. But once I started that it was sorted Quite quickly (2 weeks) F### it their all probably the same anyway that's a thousand dollars difference and they eventually pay out genuine claims.:laugh:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BTW Bella is a truly awesome name for an Italian supermodel - Well Done

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hi Melba
Got my insurance through QBE, about $700.00
The dealer was asking around $1700.00 for insurance
Regards
Steve:smile2:
How did you get such a cheap premium from QBE? I went through Fraser in Sydney who are an agent for QBE and I received a discount for being a member of the Ducati Club here however the premium was still $870.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts